LCS Precom Waterfront Engineer
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking an Engineer Field 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position will be located in Marinette, Wisconsin.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Fleet Introduction Team providing Engineering and Logistics support to the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Program Office and the crews of new ships under construction in Mobile, AL and Marinette, WS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Resident PRECOM Engineering Authority for LCS Class Vessels
Responsible to the ship’s Commanding Officer, Squadron Commanders, Engineer Officers, PEO Ships and SUPSHIP for the preparation of the Light Off Assessment (LOA) certification, includes requirements as training, evolutions, instructions, notices, program compliance, maintenance procedures, assuming custody of the new ship, starting up watch stations and qualifications, hot and cold check, material condition procedures and testing.
Working with Surface Fleet Forces Command (SURFOR), Afloat Training Groups (ATG), Program Executive Offices (PEO) and Supervisor of Shipbuilding
(SUSHIP) to ensure fleet administrative requirements, training objectives and material requirements are met.
Working with NAVSEA and shipbuilders validating the ship building specifications are in compliance with the operational Navy requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors degree and 9 years of experience or a reasonable amount of directly applicable work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Must have significant experience as a propulsion engineer knowledgeable of US Navy propulsion operating procedures
- Must be able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with outstanding interpersonal skills and have the ability to work with all levels of management, team members and customers.
- Knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook required.
- US Citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain required clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
For a listing of all Northrop Grumman open positions, please visit our website at
- Batchelor's degree
- 10+ years of work experience supporting new construction Naval vessels
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...