Section Chief Stress Engineer (Expatriation to Mexico 1-2 years)-WIC01983
Section Chief Stress Engineer
(Expatriation to Mexico 1-2 years)
Vacancy for MMC (Mexico Manufacturing Center)
We, at Bombardier Aerospace, are proud to build and support world-class aircraft such as Regional Airliners, Business Jets and Amphibious Aircraft that are in service around the globe.
We are team players who put people first in our efforts to succeed as an organization and to grow as individuals.
If, like us, you are passionate about winning and have a drive for results, Bombardier is the place for you.
- The Bombardier Aerospace México Structural Engineering team is responsible to provide engineering support to the México Manufacturing Center (MMC) and to participate in future Bombardier aircraft development programs.
- Reporting to the Aerostructure Manager, the Section Chief Stress Engineering is responsible to develop a team of 10-15 engineers in the fields of Stress analysis in order to offer, on-site in Mexico, all structural engineering competencies to support local work packages.
· Hire and supervise a team of 10-15 Stress engineers for composite and metallic structures;
· Participate in the recruitment and integration of new employees;
· Participate in the development and coaching of employees;
· Develop training plan to address business needs;
· Implement tools and processes to support both Core Engineering vision and Business Units needs;
· Participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the engineering work of the department;
· Provide production support engineering servicese (Non-Conformity)
· Provide change management engineering services for all local work package (RFC/PCR);
· Develop your team to be recognized as the engineering technical authority for BAM structural work packages;
· Set team objectives, define performance metric, conduct PMP, develop PDP and be accountable for your team's performance;
· Support employees to enable them to reach their goals and deliverables;
· Develop succession plan and act on it;
· Audit work performed by your team to ensure quality;
· Reviews and approve technical documentation;
· Participate in management meetings and organize departmental governance;
· Participate in manpower planning activities;
· Participate in budget preparation and be accountable for managing financial resources;
Deploy the Achieving Excellence System to your team;
The ideal candidate meets these requirements:
- Holds a mechanical, aeronautical or civil engineering degree (Bachelor or Master) and can demonstrate more than 10 years in the field of aerospace stress analysis.
- Has general knowledge of Design, Weight and Materials & Processes disciplines.
- Has good knowledge of
- MSC Nastran/Patran
- Composite and Metallic aerospace structure stress analysis
- Manufacturing processes and technologies
- Has strong communication skills in English. Spanish is an asset (written, spoken).
- Is a strong team player and can demonstrate superior organizational skills.
- Is recognized as a natural leader
- Has personal initiative and is comfortable to operate with minimum guidance.
- Is people focus.
o Has strong communication skills in English. Functional Spanish and French (written, spoken) is an asset.
o Is a strong team player and can demonstrate good organizational skills.
o Is recognized as a natural leader
o Has personal initiative and is creative in finding ways to resolve problems.
o Is driven by results.
o Is a good coach and find self-satisfaction in sharing his technical knowledge with others
o Is available for short assignment (6 weeks or less, 2 or 3 times a year) to other Bombardier site to participate in technical review.
We thank all the applicants for their interest in this job. However, we will contact the selected candidates only.
Primary Location: US-KS-Wichita
Zip Code US
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 04.12.2012, 9:09:08 AM
At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll...