The Salvation Army
Golden State Division
San Francisco Harbor Light Center
POSITION: On-Call Teachers Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Site Supervisor
STATUS: On-Call/Non-Exempt (Hourly)
The Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach
the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The On-Call Teachers Assistant is responsible to the Site Supervisor in assisting the Teachers to provide a safe, stimulating and creative environment for children in the Childcare Center. Fills in for staff as needed.
1. The primary function is to assist and teach children under the direct supervision of the teachers.
2. Work with teaching team to provide a safe, stimulating and creative environment for children.
3. Report concerns and all problems to the Site Supervisor.
4. Participate in maintaining the facility in a neat and orderly fashion. Clean and disinfect, and put away toys and equipment as directed.
5. Assist the children with toilet training, diapering, etc.
6. Supervise the children at meals and assist in cleaning-up.
7. Assist the teachers as required.
• Has high school diploma or equivalent.
• Is willing to enroll in Early Childhood Education Course to qualify as a teacher.
• Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis
• Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
• Ability to operate telephone
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (usually file boxes)
CareerBuilder - 9 months ago
Battling to provide social services, The Salvation Army is more than 4 million strong -- including some 3.4 million registered volunteers....