We are looking for an Oracle DBA, proficient in Oracle database technology with a balance of skills in database design, physical implementation and performance tuning.
- Maintain and manage Oracle 11g RAC databases
- Plan, design, enhance, and maintain decision support database solutions using Oracle EE and Oracle EE RAC
- Evaluate new technologies and products.
- Perform database management tasks including database infrastructure design, automation of data loads, performance tuning, SQL programming, space management, backup/recovery, and version control
- Support users, tune and troubleshoot data access applications and ad hoc queries
- Work closely with the database technology vendors on implementing new leading edge technologies.
- Create technical designs, implement procedures and coach business users to obtain operational efficiency.
- Must have 10 years of experience
- Must have more than 5 years of experience working with Oracle databases with Real Application Clusters in a production environment.
- Must have supported production databases that are larger than 10TB.
- Must have Oracle 10/11 g Certification. Must have experience creating disaster recovery procedures
- Ability to learn new leading edge technologies
- Strong knowledge of relational database technology and solid SQL, Pl/Sql and Database Tuning skills
- Experience working with large-scale Oracle databases
- Knowledge in Unix/Linux operating systems and shell scripting
- Strong decision-making, organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, and work to implement new ideas to automate procedures
- Team player with client oriented focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Oracle 10/11g RAC in Solaris environment
- Minimum of 5 years Experience managing and maintaining production RAC databases
- Strong Oracle RAC performance tuning and troubleshooting skills
- Working Knowledge of Oracle ASM administration
- Working Knowledge of RMAN backup and recovery
- Database development using SQL, UNIX Shell scripts or Perl
- Monitoring Tools: Oracle Grid Control, etc.
- Operating Systems: Solaris/unix
- B.S. in Computer Science or other technical degree or equivalent work experience required.
CNSI - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -