This HR position will be responsible for the following responsibilities in supporting the New York Market and Facilities Delivery:
.- Provide staffing support at local level, handling entire process from candidate sourcing to new-hire processing through orientation.
- Providing advice, and guidance to both employees and management on implementation, and application of HR policies and programs.
- Support management in the areas of employee relations, staffing, wage and salary administration, benefits,training, labor relations. .
Candiate will have 2-4 years HR experience in functional and/or generalist roles.
- Help insure compliance with company policies and federal, state and local law.
- Assist management in resolving employee relations issues such as conflict resolution , performance coaching.
- Work locally with management and employees on career development initiatives
- Working closely with Market Human Resources Director to implement company wide programs such as Performance management, Benefits Open Enrollment, Management and Employee Training.,etc
- Maintain all local HR records which includes filing, coordination, and maintenance of local market employee records.
- Process all payroll related activities
- Other special projects as assigned by managements. Qualifications:
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Prior experience with staffing, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, and training responsibilities required. .
- Labor relations experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal , coaching and listening skills.
- Ability to interact, coach, and council all levels of management thru front line employees.
- Ability to resolve HR and employee related issues and situations be looking at all options and thinking outside of the box to identify most appropriate solution.
- Ability to function in a hectic environment and multi-task required.
- Human Resources or related bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to commute.
- Assist Facilities Department with Administrative duties
You could say RCN is at home in the big city. The company operates cable-based broadband networks that serve the Boston, Chicago, and New...