Group Manager/Director Solution Developer (Chicago)(Job Number: 09841)
At Avanade, business and technology consulting isn't just your career…it's your passion. And that means more than just working with new innovations. It means using technology to solve business problems in ways that make a real difference to you, your customers, and the world.
At Avanade, we:
- Are passionate about pushing the limits of Microsoft technologies to help our customers achieve their goals
- Thrive on open dialogue and debate. We share best practices and solve problems through teamwork.
- Are committed to growth - as an organization and for each individual.
As a leader and senior architect in solution development in your geography, you will:
You will design, deploy and test solution components within environments of medium to large size and complexity. To this end you will:
- be involved in driving all aspects of the project lifecycle at multiple engagements.
- assess customer needs and shape solutions and arrangements which are successful for your customer and Avanade. Your focus on pre-sales and deal shaping will involve developing relationships with key customers and understanding their business and technical needs. With that knowledge you will design solutions and shape business arrangements which successfully address those needs for all parties involved. You will present your approach and support negotiations of deals beneficial for all parties.
- be a champion for solutions on the Microsoft platform with a strong background in application design and development. Your focus will be architecting, developing and testing mission critical enterprise solutions and implementation of custom application development and selection using the latest versions of the .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, BizTalk, Commerce Server, SharePoint, Office and other advanced components of Microsoft technology.
- provide professional consulting services on major enterprise initiatives utilizing the Microsoft Framework including web services, enterprise portals and mobile applications.
- employ management, technical and planning skills by participating in large projects.
- improve your abilities to think creatively, design solutions, and interact with customers.
- contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property as we employ Microsoft Technologies to create a dramatically more personal, integrated computing experience.
- be a leader and mentor to medium to large teams in the design and development of enterprise solutions while growing the skills of your team in development as well as consulting.
- assign and validate results of the technical work items with an eye towards providing valuable feedback and improving the final product.
- Prepare for and participate in pre-sales meetings
- Work with the customer to understand requirements and make the appropriate recommendations
- Develop components of the technical solution for RFPs
- Be involved in Marketing/PR initiatives
- Participate in the assessment of the customer environment and their requirements and documents results properly
- Contribute to managing the financial aspects of the project by providing accurate reporting and ensuring that the team works within the financial guidelines
- Develop and maintain effective customer and user relationships
- Identify and escalates problems
- Lead teams and projects
- excellent communication skills with hands-on experience working on component based applications in a distributed environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
- 3+ years technical lead or management experience on projects >$1M or 5K hours in size
- 8+ years as an architect/programmer
- 3+ years as presales consultant and deal shaper
- Proven success in all aspects of presales and deal shaping (design, planning, estimating, presenting)
- Demonstrated ability to lead consultants in multiple projects or project work streams
- Demonstrated project experience with regard to estimates, planning and deliverables
- Proven ability to understand a customer's needs
- Developed technical requirements based on business imperatives
You must have the ability to travel up to five days a week up to 80+% of the year to customer locations outside of your home location.
Strong candidates will additionally possess Microsoft certifications or demonstrated experience in more than one of the following areas:
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Web Services development using WCF
- Silverlight or Windows Presentation Foundation development
- SharePoint, BizTalk or Commerce Server development
- Advanced data layer development
- Azure development
- Mobile application development
- Application integration
- Testing & deployment
Primary Location : United States-Illinois-Chicago
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Type : Standard
Region : US Service Lines: ASL - App Dev
Job : Solution Developer
Capability Group : Con/Sol - Application Development
Avanade Inc. - 2 years ago