Devlin Manor Health Care Center is currently seeking an experienced, outgoing and energetic individual who will fill the role of Activities Manager! Devlin Manor Health Care Center is a 124 bed health care facility located in Cumberland, MD offering long term care and short term rehabilitation care services. If you are a creative thinker with strong leadership skills and a desire to enrich the lives of others, we invite you to join our team! The Activities Manager must have excellent documentation skills, a strong customer service focus and must have previous supervisory experience. This position is Full-Time, Monday-Friday. The core hours for this position are 8am-5pm.
As the Activities Manager your job responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Interact with residents and families in a positive and professional manner.
- Develops and implements Activity programs, through resident assessments and discharge planning to meet the needs of the facility, the residents and their families.
- Compile and maintain current activity schedules for the facility residents.
- Ensures the completion of all necessary electronic documentation in regards to the activities being provided to the residents and the residents response to the activities.
- Provide a newsletter to residents and family members outlining facility activities and programs that are being offered.
- Ensures all charted recreational therapy progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided, including the residents response to the services.
- Oversees, scheduled and monitors activities to ensure that the residents emotional, recreational and social needs are being met.
- Encourages resident participation in group and individual activities, including recreational activities, arts/crafts, community outings etc.
- Assists in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of activities department personnel.
- Determine departmental staffing requirements necessary to meet the departments needs and assign a sufficient number of personnel.
- Recruit and supervise facility volunteers.
EOE- Drug Free & Nicotine Free Employer
- Must be certified as an Activities Director through the NCCAP or have a Bachelors Degree in Therapeutic Recreation
- Must have prior experience working in activities
- Prior management experience
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to individuals on all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience in a LTC setting is a plus
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug screening and nicotine screening.
EOE-Drug Free & Nicotine Free Employer
Magnolia LTC Management Services, Inc. - 14 months ago