FBID Program Assistant
Reports To Fruitvale Business Improvement District, Program Manager
Department Fruitvale Business Improvement District
Employee Status Full-time
Hours 9am – 6pm
Employee Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Benefits Two weeks vacation for first five years, medical and dental benefits on the first of the month following 90 days of employment, paid holidays, sick and float time per Unity Council policy, additional benefits.
The Fruitvale Business Improvement District (FBID) is funded through a property based assessment that pays for the daily cleaning of the commercial district and quickly addresses issues such as; graffiti, blight, crime, and cleanliness. In addition, the FBID program also focuses on marketing and promotion of the Fruitvale commercial corridor, as well as other issues that directly relate to the business community of the Fruitvale district. Under the supervision of the FBID Program Manager, this position supplies assistance to the FBID staff and clients.
- Ensure appropriate records and follow up of incidents and observations are responded to in a timely manner, usually within 24 hours of reporting
- Seek grant opportunities and assist in grant writing as needed
- Record keeping and data collection, maintain up-to-date information on property vacancies within the FBID
- Ensure FBID assessment list is current and up-to-date
- Attend FBID related trainings and workshops
- Write and help distribute the Que Pasa newsletter
- Organize business related trainings and technical assistance workshops for merchants
- Coordinate Beautification Projects with volunteers
- Assist in the planning of the following events and actitivies:
- Las Posadas on Foothill and International Blvd.
- Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Dia de Los Muertos Decorations installation
- FBID Promotional Activities
- National Night Out
- Work with property owners and merchants in the Fruitvale BID to ensure that they are involved in neighborhood commercial revitalization activities
- Attend the FBID meetings every other month and maintain record of the minutes
- Attend all other community related meetings as assigned
The Unity Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- 1-2 years of administrative and community organizing experience.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to work with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good written, verbal communication and math skills.
- Computer literate with the ability to analyze data with knowledge of various software applications. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Ability to work in an efficient manner with time sensitive tasks and manage timelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills to effectively work in a non-structured environment and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Leadership and teambuilding skills that will motivate staff and assist in working effectively with community partners, property owners and merchants
- Able to walk to visit merchants or to distribute literature
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrates ability to interact with diverse populations including staff, clients, civic and business leaders, community partners and funders.
- Valid California Driver's license; good driving record; and proof of current automobile insurance.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
idealist.org - 15 months ago