Angelica Corporation, the leading supplier of linen and laundry services to hospitals in the healthcare market, is seeking a 2
This position will be responsible for assisting the shift manager in one or more departments, establishing schedules, meeting production standards, and training associates in maintaining a safe working environment. This position will assist the Shift Manager to meet customer requirements in a fast-paced laundry processing environment.
- Shift Production Supervisor for our commercial laundry located in Columbia, SC.
Education and Experience:
- The successful candidate will have 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience in a production operations environment with strong leadership skills.
- Reading, writing and math skills needed.
- Communication and human relations skills required. Bi-lingual (Spanish and English) preferred.
- Candidates must have a strong work ethic, good communication skills and preferably Spanish language, and computer skills.
- Laundry experience would also be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Six Sigma/ Lean also a plus.
- Constant contact with plant associates and plant management.
- Plant environment, with heat, wet areas, noise.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting and handling of material, moving carts, with weight up to 50-75 pounds.
- Selects, leads, and directs associates to work in a safe and productive manner.
- Plans and provides associate training in processes and equipment operation.
- Assures policy conformance and enforces plant rules and regulations.
- Optimizes equipment utilization and associate scheduling.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly production measurement analysis and provides communication to associates, and to management on an hourly, daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Angelica - 15 months ago
Angelica Corporation is a provider of outsourced linen management services to the United States healthcare industry. The Company has...