EMPLOYEE JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Network Support Analyst
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full time
OFFICE LOCATION: Iowa City or Cedar Rapids, IA
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
When it comes to mission-critical wireless communications, TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) ( NASDAQ: TSYS ) solves some of the toughest technical challenges. We produce solutions for communications that demand proven high levels of reliability, security, and availability.
TCS achievements include:
We are leaders in making the emergency infrastructure of America compatible with the latest multimedia communications technologies. Some of the projects you might be a part of:
- Secure deployable communication systems
- Location-based wireless infrastructure and apps
- Telematics and navigation
- VoIP Enhanced 9-1-1 services (E9-1-1; E1-1-2)
- Text messaging infrastructure for wireless operators
- Information assurance and cyber-security
- Engineered satellite-based services
- Professional services for communications solutions
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
- Creating cutting edge Geospatial databases
- Upgrading emergency 9-1-1 infrastructure to accept everything from medical data to pictures of an accident scene as part of an emergency call
- Creating new products to safeguard your family and your home
Perform technical tasks associated with the installation, turn-up, maintenance, troubleshooting and support of PSAP’s. This may include troubleshooting and managing of network equipment and performance for PSAP locations throughout the State of Iowa. Working with the TCS NOC and Client Service Manager to ensure customer satisfaction and provide 7x24x365 on-call support.
- Assist with the preparation and installation on network infrastructure and interconnection.
- Prepare and maintain documentation supporting network requirements, connectivity, implementation, and testing related to each PSAP.
- Perform troubleshooting and service restoral in a timely manner.
- Identifies the root cause of technical or non-technical issues, analyzes alternate approaches and develops practical solutions.
- Coordinate all support activities with the customer and engineering teams.
- Provide 7x24 on-call/on-site support for all assigned PSAP locations.
- Maintain equipment inventory, and all RMA activities.
- Partner with the TCS NOC and Client Service Manager to provide day to day technical support for our Customer.
- Customer facing interaction with Public Safety Answering Points
- Troubleshooting skills in complex inter-networking environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP /IP and its suite of protocols.
- Knowledge of Juniper router configuration and operation (or equivalent).
- Hands on experience of communicating with Network devices in Command Line Interface.
- Knowledge of AudioCodes Media Gateways configuration and operation.
- Knowledge of IP addressing and variable length sub-net masking techniques.
- Knowledge of Telephony Infrastructure: DDS, T1 and T3 systems, DACCs etc.
- Knowledge of VoIP infrastructure and protocols: SIP
- Knowledge of physical and electrical interface standards, DB25, RS232, EIA530, MRA34, V.35, RS449, etc.
- Cable-dressing and network mounting experience.
- Network component integration and testing skills a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office products required.
- The ability to communicate with the Customer and be a positive TCS advocate.
- This position requires that the technician have reliable transportation.
- The analyst must be able to be onsite within 4 hours of notification to any of his/her assigned PSAP locations 7x24x365.
- Associates Degree or equivalent telecommunications experience or equivalent and 3+ years of experience in the networking or telecom industry preferred.
- Wireless, or 911 industry experience a plus.
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
- Willing to work overtime as necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Positive attitude, highly energetic, ability to multitask, and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Telecommunication Systems - 18 months ago