We are looking for a Construction Estimator in our Lenexa, KS location. This position will report to the CST Storage Director - Construction & Field Services and is an exempt position.
Here are some details about this position:
About CST Industries
CST Industries, Inc., headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas, is the global leader in the manufacture and construction of factory coated storage tanks, silos, aluminum domes, specialty covers and reclaimer systems. With over 100 years of heritage and 275,000 installations in more 125 countries, CST Industries is focused on providing our customers the highest level of quality and customer service. CST's existing company portfolio consists of CST Storage Products, CST Covers, and Vulcan Tanks. Manufacturing facilities and technical design centers are located in Parsons, Kansas; Winchester, Tennessee; DeKalb, Illinois; Conroe, Texas; Gardena, California; Rincon, Georgia and the United Kingdom. Regional sales offices are located throughout North America and in Mexico, Argentina, United Kingdom, India, Dubai, Singapore and Vietnam.
The Construction Estimator will be responsible for day-to-day estimation of installation projects for equipment manufacturer. Successful candidate will have a complex knowledge of construction practices, installation procedures, technical comprehension, practical field application, and both non-union and union labor forces. Strong organizational skills are required in overseeing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with internal and external sales resources to quote installation projects
- Develop in-house estimating capabilities to provide accurate and timely quotes
- Use project data to continuously improve estimating methodologies and procedures.
- Determine labor rates and efficiencies for non-union, prevailing wage and union projects
- Visit customer work sites or attend pre-bid meetings as needed to develop quotes for large or complex projects
- Review and incorporate customer's bid packages, technical specifications, and drawings into estimates
- Work with engineering or other internal resources to resolve design and installation conflicts
- Develop project durations and schedules for bidding documents
- Provide estimating package and work with project managers to hand off projects once awarded
- Develop proposals and complete customer's bid packages
- Good computer and technical skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Maintain state contractor licenses and other responsibilities related to construction capabilities.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers and internal staff
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting, and decision making skills.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new products and processes.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently to support customers
- Ability to properly prioritize and work multiple tasks
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Four (4) year technical or engineering degree (or equivalent advanced degree) plus experience in construction estimating (minimum 2 years)
- General construction safety knowledge and training
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills
Up to 20% travel (domestic)
Must have valid drivers license and ability to obtain passport
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper.
CST Industries offers competitive salaries, great benefits, including 401k, health, vision and dental insurance and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CST Industries, Inc. - 2 years ago