Robert W. Baird’s continued success and growth through turbulent times has given us the opportunity to enhance our technology infrastructure. This initiative will allow us to better align our IT organization with our business partners and support continued growth. At Baird, we focus on achieving great outcomes – with the commitment and care you want every step of the way. We are committed to helping our associates thrive, professionally and personally. That’s what makes Robert W. Baird a leader in the Financial Services industry for the past 90 years, and why we have been named Fortune’s 100 best companies to work for the past 7 consecutive years!
As we continue to grow and add top talent to the Robert W. Baird family of technical associates, we are currently seeking a Software Developer II for our downtown Milwaukee headquarters. He or she will be a member of our Application Development team focused on building and delivering custom software throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Engineer Software Solutions (60%)
1. Design application features
2. Develop, code, and test features
3. Perform system and risk analysis
4. Create accurate estimates for features developed
5. Maintain integrity of high level design and application architecture by participating in design reviews and code reviews
Engineer Infrastructure Software (10%)
1. Design and develop the software foundation and component frameworks to guide efficient software reuse.
2. Provide and own the technical details of software infrastructure components
Collaborate with internal and external customers (10%)
1. Work with Application Development teams for data and integration needs
2. Participate in the software development life cycle (SDLC)
1. Provide technical mentoring to development team members
2. Influence direction of software infrastructure framework and component tool set
Continuous Learning (10%)
1. Seek out and apply new technologies and skills in daily work through conferences, online training, reading, participation in organizations and user groups, etc.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering preferred
2. At least 5 years of Software Development experience
3. Knowledge of C#, WPF, WCF Service, ASP.net
4. Demonstrated experience with .NET and Object-Oriented design
5. Demonstrated knowledge of coding for reuse
6. Requirements analysis skills and experience
7. Strong communication skills
8. Goal oriented with strong attention to detail
9. Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities
10. Able to work and grow in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
Connect with us on:
Employee-owned Robert W. Baird & Co. brings midwestern sensibility to the high-flying world of investment banking. The company offers...