King County’s Business Resource Center (BRC) is seeking an Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Manager. The incumbant in this position will oversee the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) system (King County's Enterprise Resource Planning System for financial management) and coordinate functional analysis and application development using an in-depth knowledge of EBS applications and technology.They will manage a team of functional and technical staff through subordinate supervisors and work with business owners and customer agencies to meet business needs. They will lead system upgrades and complex development initiatives, and assist in the planning and budget for aquisition of hardware, operating systems and application software.
For questions about this recruitment contact : Margie Viall at 206-263-1060 or email@example.com
Who May Apply: This recruitment is open to all qualified applicants.
Work Schedule: This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is not overtime-eligible . This position is paid on a bi-weekly schedule, every other Thursday, comprising a 40-hour workweek; normally 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, but may be required to work extended and/or flex scheduled work hours to respond to service needs.
Required Materials: King County Application, Resume and responses to the supplemental questions.
Why Work for King County? King County offers an outstanding benefits package including employer paid medical and dental benefits, 12 paid holidays, vacation with pay, life insurance, transit passes, and much more. Please visit our website to learn about King County’s commitment to employee’s health and well-being: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/ .
* Manage the technical and functional oversight of Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS), King County’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for financial management. Ensure system availability, managing system modifications and the application of patches. Monitor the progress of functional analysis, application development, testing and implementations of EBS system modifications and enhancements. When necessary, serve as the lead for the Oracle EBS application and technology upgrades and complex development initiatives. This includes developing the RFP, capital project budget, and consulting agreements and project and resource management.
* Assist in the planning and budgeting for acquisition of hardware, operating systems and application software. Assist in the management and maintenance of software licensing for operating systems, database, application middleware and application software and licensing agreements with vendors.
* Conduct strategic planning and develop a product road map for the EBS systems in King County. Develop and implement plan(s) for systems maintenance, upgrades and conversions; direct the development and oversee the implementation of long and short-range plans.
* Develop, revise and administer policies and procedures relating to the EBS system. Develop and implement processes, documentation and training for customers using systems and ensure compliance with the County’s technology policies and standards.
* Assist in the creation, development and monitoring of the budget for the EBS section within the Business Resource Center. Contribute to the definition and maintenance of the rate model used in costing out services for EBS usage to customers. Create and maintain Service Level Agreements with the customer base.
* Responsible for supervision and management of professional staff through subordinate supervisors. Provide guidance to supervisors on work of technical and functional support teams and assist with difficult or unusual problems. Duties include hiring, motivating employees, conducting performance appraisals, recommending and implementing disciplinary actions and investigating grievances. Identify and recommend the training needs of the EBS support team
* Work with the Finance and Business Operations Division, customer agencies and the EBS functional and technical teams to identify technology needs, strategic opportunities, potential solutions and resource requirements. Determine or make recommendations to management regarding the best method to assist the customer in meeting their business needs.
* Lead the change management governance process for EBS systems. Set development, testing and documentation standards for system changes. Direct the review, prioritization and approval of requests submitted for EBS system modifications and enhancements. Set and direct the monitoring of analytics designed to track system performance, software development quality and customer service. Ensure compliance with KCIT policy and standards.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
* Five years in a leadership role implementing and/or supporting ERP financials, accounting and procurement systems.
* Demonstrated experience in a functional or technical leadership role for a full Oracle EBS R12 implementation.
* Demonstrated experience managing blended Oracle EBS functional and technical support teams (i.e. including contractors and loaned in business resources).
* Experience managing support teams for the following Oracle EBS modules: accounts payable, projects and grants, accounts receivable, general ledger, purchasing and inventory.
* Two years of direct supervisory experience (working in a lead, supervisorial or managerial role) demonstrating the application of supervisory and management techniques and principles
* Knowledge and demonstrated experience of IT change management processes and IT Governance.
* In-depth knowledge of information systems best practices (analysis, design, documentation, implementation and training) with demonstrated experience leading and implementing technology best practices and improvements in a support team environment.
* Working knowledge of project management principles and techniques and experience managing multiple business and/or IT projects simultaneously. Demonstrated skill in working with complex, highly visible and politically sensitive projects
* Skill in analyzing and evaluating new system functions and technologies.
* Advanced knowledge of systems testing procedures, data conversion analyses, transaction processing and troubleshooting application issues.
* Advanced knowledge of accounting business practices, work flow analysis, business systems design, and business process improvement.
* Experience in developing and managing budgets and resource allocation.
* Demonstrated experience managing Vendor support contracts, relationship and resolution of issues.
* Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining effective teams, fostering open dialogue and building consensus between diverse groups of individuals, fostering strong morale and responsibility for work.
* Demonstrated skill in analysis and problem solving resulting in effective solutions and clearly articulated decisions.
* Demonstrated commitment and understanding of enterprise-wide system systems for designing and measuring work processes, committed to continuous improvement, and producing high quality products and services which meet the needs of internal and external customers.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities efficiently and effectively.
* Experience implementing ERP in the public sector
* Demonstrated experience with implementation of agile or lean methodologies
* Knowledge and understanding of public sector financial reporting requirements
* Knowledge and understanding of automated systems testing procedures
* ITIL Certification
As part of the selection process, we may ask applicants to submit more detailed answers related to their knowledge, skills, abilities and work experience in relation to the position. Applicants who pass competitive screening may be invited to an in-person interview and may be given a written exam. A final offer of employment and hire will be contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check and reference checks.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: This position is represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Local 117, IT Managers and Supervisors
King County - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....