Cardon Outreach works tirelessly to reduce the financial burden of medical costs on Americans and on the healthcare providers who serve them. Our work makes a positive difference to thousands of people and hundreds of hospitals and clinics, in communities all over the nation, every day.
We are seeking a Patient Advocate to work in our client facility in Minneapolis, MN.
This position is responsible for assisting patients in completion of application processes for State, Federal, and private medical assistance programs in an office setting. The Patient Advocate serves as a liaison between patients, hospital clients and outside agencies in order to facilitate eligibility processes. This individual is an advocate for both patients and hospital clients by ensuring that patients are covered appropriately and hospitals receive the reimbursement to which they are entitled.
- Screening hospital patients for medical assistance program eligibility
- Facilitating application processes and securing necessary documentation.
- Completing & submitting forms and additional documents to appropriate agencies.
- Maintaining case notation & updating all applicable systems.
- Performing assertive & thorough follow up.
- Monitoring status of each case while communicating effectively with multiple parties, including: patients and families, governmental agencies, insurance companies, hospital clinical staff, and hospital business office staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand others and effectively disseminate technical information is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Critical thinking and the ability to research State and Federal regulations is vital.
- Required computer skills: must have experience with data entry and word processing, be capable of operating routine office equipment, possess a working knowledge of MS Office applications, and understand how to navigate through web-based applications.
- Must be able to type at least 50 wpm.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Employing over 800 employees in 26 states, Cardon Outreach has over 20 years of experience in recovering hospital revenues associated with underinsured and unfunded hospital patients. Cardon Outreach offers a suite of services and technology solutions designed to aid healthcare facilities avoid costs, recover revenue,reduce operating and capital expenses, increase productivity, develop staff resources, and apply new strategies for revenue cycle management. www.cardonoutreach.com.
Cardon Outreach is an equal opportunity employer.
Cardon Outreach - 30+ days ago
Cardon Outreach has been successfully providing unique Services and Technology Solutions to healthcare facilities throughout the country sin...