Local Leader in the residential services industry is seeking an experienced Plumbing service technician to join our team. We provide residential repair and service of plumbing systems. We offer year round work, full benefits package (including 401K), uniforms and well-equipped trucks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Inspect structures to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent weakening of structure resulting from installation of pipe.
- Locate and mark position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors.
- Cut openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings, using hand tools and power tools.
- Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe-threading machine.
- Bends pipe to required angle by use of pipe-bending machine, or by placing pipe over block and bending it by hand.
- Assemble and install valves, pipefittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass and lead, and nonmetals, such as glass, vitrified clay, and plastic.
- Join pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, and caulks joints, fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Install and repair plumbing fixtures.
- Repair and maintain plumbing by replacing washers in leaky faucets, mending burst pipes, and opening clogged drains, and may weld holding fixtures to steel structural members.
Competencies (include, but are not limited to)
- Ability to troubleshoot service issues with systematic, thoughtful, timely and effective solutions and procedures
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of tools and related equipment
- Experience in providing quality, professional customer related services
- Ability to work and communicate effectively individually as well as in a team environment
- Ability to handle disruptions in stride with professionalism.
- Ability to work independently in commercial and residential settings.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma, GED, or equivalent, and five years related experience and/or training is required.
** Competitive Compensation, Signing Bonus, Monthly Sales Bonus, Healthcare, 401k.
We are an equal opportunity employer, all candidates are required to pass a drug screen and background check as part of the employment.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Joseph Giannone Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is dedicated to providing the best possible service for you and your family. You...