Security Support Agent
The CenturyLink Security team provides quality security and life safety services, including installation, service and monitoring of intrusion and fire alarm systems, as well as, CCTV, card access, nurse call and intercom systems.
We have an immediate need for a Security Support Agent I who will acknowledge and respond to incoming alarms, dispatching authorities, alternates or service as necessary. Assist customers with any questions they have about their alarm system.
· This center is in operation 7 days a week 24 hours a day. You must be available to work any shift during the hours of operation including every weekend
· Shifts 6am – 2 pm; 2am-10pm; 10 pm – 6am. Current openings are on the 6-2 and 2-10 pm shifts
- Required to work every weekend as part of your assigned shift
The Security Support Agent 1 primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Handling all incoming alarms by using proper procedures and dispatching as necessary.
· Assist customers with their alarm systems.
· Routing calls as necessary to other departments.
· Proficiency in working with automation software.
· Working with service persons, installers, and sales people.
· Demonstrate proficiency on alarm procedures and receiver reporting.
· Demonstrate proficiency on manual and switch over procedures.
· Be the customer advocate
· Attend office meetings held.
· Keep workstations neat and orderly
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
· Must be qualified to be licensed in all states where CenturyLink conducts business.
· Excellent and effective communications (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Qualification starts by passing a background check (criminal, misdemeanor and drug screen)
- Successful completion of on the job training, on line courses and testing
· Professional phone manner.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Willingness to work every weekend, extended hours, and holidays as required to meet the needs of the business
· Experience or training in the operations of all office equipment.
· Strong multi-tasking skills.
· Basic computer skills.
· Excellent customer skills.
· Previous call center experience
· Experience or training that demonstrates knowledge of security services, products and terminology
· Experience with MS Word and Excel
Qwest Communications - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard