The Flagship Creative Manager is responsible for the store's interior and window visual presentations. This person is responsible for the supervision, training and development of visual associates. The FCM leads and manages the creative execution of rollouts, floor moves, and window changes. Works closely with store management team to ensure brand consistency, while maintaining a positive customer experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
2. Operations/Business Awareness
- Daily touch base to review priorities (weekly, daily) with visual associates
- Rolls up issues identified by visual team and store team to GM of Visual Merchandising
- Participates in store leadership meeting
- Works in partnership with GM planning / preparing for each roll out
- Participates in weekly walkthrough with GM of VM
- Coordinates all visual store specific enhancement projects with operations and outside vendors
- Partner with Store Leaders to determine schedule of visual team
- Partners with Operations Manager to schedule store team for roll out enhancement projects
- Implements HQ-driven rollouts, enhancements and projects
- Manages and adheres to visual budget
- Competitive shop to gain knowledge and monitor the competitor
- Manages fixture/prop inventory
4. Training & Development
- Leads and manages the creative execution of rollouts, floor moves, and window changes
- Accountable for auditing all Marketing images and signage to ensure compliance for current season
- Directs and implements changes to product/display in reaction to issues from roll-out and business needs (e.g. sell-through on a daily basis)
- Communicate overview of highlights to visual team
- Daily walkthrough with store management and visual team to monitor presentation and ensure brand standards
- Works closely with merchants to align markdown presentations with brand integrity
- Lead creative mapping sessions with store management identifying fixturing, marketing placement and visual needs
- Strategize with key business partners to create Action Plan including alignment of flow for roll-out
- Partner with GM of VM to identify ways to flex concepts for store
- Creates walkthrough agenda with objectives and outcomes
- Conducts visual / creative classes with new store management
- Partners with HR manager to successfully onboard new visual associates
- Develops and monitors goals, career paths for direct reports
- Provides on-going supervision and development of direct reports
- Conducts weekly touchbases with visual associates, setting expectations
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong merchandising skills that can support high volume multi level stores.
- Able to train and develop individuals to manage implementation to high level merchandising and visual presentations.
- Strong leadership and communication skills in order to conduct store walkthrough and coach decision making in merchandising and presentation in order to drive business.
- Attention to detail in regards to standards and visual operations of stores (i.e. lighting, visual element upkeep, fixture blocks, marketing elements, etc…).
- Able to assess store business in order to prioritize workload, identify opportunities and grow business.
Minimum educational level:
- High school degree or equivalent required. College degree required.
- Five to ten years retail Visual Merchandising management.
- Three to five years experience in training in regards to Visual Merchandising.
- Experience with logistics, planning and facilitating openings.
- Able to left at least 40 lbs.
- Able to conduct lengthy and detailed walk-through in stores and communicate clearly.
- Conduct training workshops that require moving fixtures and merchandise and requires long hours on cement floors within store.
GAP Inc - 3 years ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...