GTRI has quickly become one of the leading high-end solutions providers and technology consulting firms in the U.S. We focus on helping clients align IT investments with business strategy, reduce costs, and bridge the technology gap with emerging technologies and their adoption. Our end-to-end consulting solutions address client needs in IT Strategy and Planning, Infrastructure, Convergence, Cyber-Security, Data Storage & Transport, Network Architecture, Systems Management, and Project Management. Our integrated IT solutions help businesses develop their technical architectures, organizations, and core business processes for competitiveness, profitability, and growth.
We have a strong commitment to our values; business integrity and strong ethical practices, complete customer satisfaction, and employee recognition & growth.
We are looking for a technologically adept individual with expertise in Cisco solutions including; Voice, R&S, Wireless, Security, and Data Center technologies. The Consulting Architect will have extensive experience in the areas of networking technologies to provide clients with a balanced understanding of their technical as well as the business drivers and processes required to ensure a successful implementation. The Consulting Architect must be capable of independently running large and complex projects to deliver solutions to GTRI’s customers. This candidate will also act as project engineering lead, which includes utilizing and overseeing other engineers for appropriate tasks as well as mentoring. Advanced and refined documentation, communication and presentation skills are required. In addition to solution delivery tasks this candidate would also be responsible for providing significant input to practice development (SOPs) within multiple areas GTRI’s technological practices and providing a point of escalation for presales support capabilities (incl. RFP response, customer technical and basic business presentation, SOW content contribution, etc.). The ideal candidate must also possess strong leadership and management skills and utilize a strong hands-on approach.
The Consulting Architect is responsible for applying GTRI's technical processes to design, deploy, diagnose, and document customer networks.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist with developing statements of work (SOW) and Bills of Materials (BOM) for Professional Services engagements in support of GTRI’s sales organization.
- Produce design documentation and as-built documentation with little or no assistance.
- Deliver Professional Services relating specifically to Unified Communications solutions.
- Achieve & Maintain specific vendor certifications and engineering expertise.
- Deliver & Document professional services engagements according to GTRI Guidelines.
- Perform network validation testing during project implementations.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of projects' status to customers, supervisor, and project managers.
- Operate independently on large projects.
- Provide project leadership to other engineers.
- Achieve professional service billing time goals while working toward continued training advancement.
- Contribute to Practice Development and SOP’s .
- Act as technical lead for technology specific strategic sales engagements.
- Operates as final authority for customer escalation and complex design projects.
- Collaborate with other architects when developing complex inter-disciplinary solutions for GTRI clients.
- At least 7 years experience in Unified Communications
- At least 8 years’ experience performing network design, diagnostics, and deployment experience with top-tier network products
- At least 8 Years of experience working with one of GTRI’s Strategic Partners
- CCIE – Voice certified
- Have produced more than 5 multi site designs of 500 stations or more
- Ability to communicate in written or verbal form at an executive level and articulate business value of technical solutions.
- Experienced in design, implementation, and support of large and complex Unified Communications deployments
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex engineering problems with no assistance.
- Great Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Unwavering commitment to integrity and excellence
- Ability to interface with non-technical business stakeholders and correctly convert business needs to technical requirements.
- Enjoy solving problems and can see things through to the end
- Must have previous experience working with:
- CUCM/CUCME/Unity/Unity Connection/Unity Express/CUBE/Gatekeeper/Meeting Place/Presence
- UCS & VMware (ESXi)
- Cisco Telepresence (CTS 5XX/1X00/3X00, CTMS, MXE)
- NetIQ’s Vivinet Assessor / Vivinet Diagnostics
- H.323 / SIP / MGCP / SCCP
- UCCX (incl scripting)
- Core Route/Switch especially w/ focus on QoS
- Adherence to best practice (e.g. ITIL) with respect to implementations and upgrades
- 10 years experience performing network design, diagnostics, and deployment experience with top-tier network products.
- 10 Years of experience working with more than one of GTRI’s Strategic Partners
- Multiple expert level certifications.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical major is preferred.
Physical/Mental Demands & Environment:
- Must be able to carry 40 lbs. of equipment
- Must be able to stand/work for four or more consecutive hours while carrying laptop during customer projects
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time
Education (Minimum Requirements):
- Bachelors degree technical field or 8 year’s equivalent experience
- Must be eligible to obtain a US Government Security Clearance.
Global Technology Resources, Inc. - 2 years ago