Senior Storage Administrator
Grand Rapids, MI
- Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
As the Senior Storage Administrator , you will manage the on-line and off-line storage systems for Gordon Food Service information systems operations. You will be actively involved in trouble-shooting network and system problems relating to storage as well as contributing to the development of domain vision and strategy for roadmaps and projects.
Essential functions of this role include:
- Install, configure and operate storage systems and resolve problems
- Monitor performance of storage environments and resolve or tune storage as necessary
- Manage capacity and plans for implementation of future capacity
- Provide reports on utilization and trending, optimization, capacity and other information as needed
- Develop roadmaps, create strategy, establish vision and leads projects and initiatives
Requirements for this position include:
- Five or more years of information systems experience is essential to this position
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field is required
- Familiarity with Symantec and the support process is strongly preferred
- Experience using BOOST accelerator product is a plus
- Data domain experience is essential
- Demonstrate quality written, verbal, organizational and communication skills
- Articulate effective problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and show ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Availability for occasional weekend and overtime work is necessary
What we offer our employees:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
- Short/Long-Term Disability
- Time-off Benefits
- Generous 401k matching program
- Flexible spending
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition aid reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Gordon Food Service - 18 months ago
For more than 110 years, Gordon Food Service has been honoring our promises to our customers and our employees. As the largest family-owned...