At AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah (NCNU), we know you’re more than who you bring to work. For over a century, we’ve continued to redefine ourselves to become a multi-faceted leading provider of travel, insurance, and auto services. We know you’re as versatile as we are, and it makes what you have to offer the Members and communities we serve that much more unique.
Become the face of AAA.
You’re unique. You’re driven. You’re AAA.
As a AAA Travel Counselor , you will be responsible for providing exceptional travel sales and support experiences to our Members. Counselor must be self-sufficient and self-motivated in order to succeed and should possess world-wide travel knowledge while being able to work with high level of accuracy. Travel Counselors act as consultants, tailoring our AAA products and services to create unique and memorable vacation experiences. Products/Services Handled: Full Service International Cruise & Tour bookings; Air, Hotel, Car, & Rail ticketing; and all related Member Servicing (primary) - Membership Sales & Servicing (secondary)
This is a temporary assignment through May.
- Sells International & Domestic vacation packages, cruises, tours, hotel, car rental, rail and air travel
- Owns the relationship with the member from beginning to end of each travel related transaction
- Researches, evaluates and compares appropriate AAA Travel Partner packages to match up with member needs for the purpose of “delivering exceptional member experiences” in every transaction
- Stays current with world events and latest travel industry developments and trends, and provides relevant information to members
- Processes and interprets travel documents for members purchasing travel products with AAA and inform them of governmental requirements
- Investigates and responds to travel-related member questions/complaints, and recommends solutions
- Initiates contact with members and past customers to prospect for new business and encourages repeat business
- Maintains minimum production goals in the following areas: Travel sales, sales of Travel Partner and proprietary products (i.e. Sojourns, AAA Vacations)
- Cross-sells products and services (e.g., insurance (P&C, Life), new membership accounts, etc.)
- Ability to clearly communicate (verbal and written) in English
- Basic computer (e.g., Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.) and industry specific applications (e.g., Galileo, VAX, etc.) and telephone skills
- GDS experience required (Apollo/Galileo/Travelport)
- Detailed knowledge of travel products
- Knowledge of worldwide geography, the ability to read and interpret maps and brochures
- Strong consultative selling skills with the ability to listen to members’ needs
- Ability to identify customer needs and recommend solutions
- Self-motivated sales drive and documented sales success
- Application of good judgment and decision making
- Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team
- Bilingual communication skills are a plus
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of recent experience selling international and domestic travel services
- Travel Institute certification as “CTA, CTC, or CTIE” (preferred)
Joining AAA NCNU delivers career potential, flexibility, and excellent benefits. Become the face of AAA, and bring your whole self to every aspect of what we do. Give your career a jumpstart with the company that has a well-respected past and a smart business eye towards the future. Apply today.
AAA NCNU is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer .
AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -