POSITION LOCATION: Birmingham, Alabama - Home Office
Launch your career and receive world-class training, all while joining on the 'Most Admired Food Company' in the world, as Retail Sales Representative (RSR). As an RSR with Nestlé USA's NROC division, you will have the unique opportunity to travel, network with industry professionals and build strong business relationships.
The Retail Sales Representative develops relationships with store managers/personnel to achieve directed short and long-term performance objectives at assigned stores. Activities center on wall-to-wall sales coverage of Nestle items, including systemic problem solving related to out of stocks, new item speed to shelf, share of shelf, price compliance, promotion selling and product merchandising, resulting in incremental sales volume.
1. Selling Incremental Volume:
2. Selling Improved Retail Shelf Conditions:
- Sells promotional surveys for displays at retail stores and indirect accounts.
- Sells incremental quantities for display of force-out orders and obtains maximum support for promoted product.
- Sells additional product based on opportunities observed.
- Interfaces with targeted store-level/district-level Retail Operations personnel to execute business reviews that drive volume.
- Manages expenditure of financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- May sell new items and promotions at indirect accounts.
3. Selling Improved Inventory at Point-of-Sale:
- Identifies and corrects voids.
- Ensures that new items are cut in quickly.
- Merchandizes Nestle products to obtain schematic compliance and/or best practices.
- Packs out shelves, rotates product, and manages unsaleable product.
- Resolves systemic problems related to out-of-stocks/voids.
- Makes and/or replaces shelf tags.
- Monitors shelf to ensure share of shelf.
4. Selling Improved Store Pricing:
- Builds/restocks displays as needed.
- Utilizes all consumer conversion tactics available including: IRC placement, Coupon distribution, Recipe cards, Tear Pads.
- Ensures compliance to pricing guidelines at retail level.
- Verifies that scanning prices reflect current promotional allowances and zone pricing.
- Reports competitive price changes and promotional support.
6. Other Duties as Assigned.
- Develops proper relations and rapport with store managers and personnel within territory in order to maximize sales results.
- Interfaces with customers and consumers as a representative of Nestle.
- Communicates competitive and market activity to NROC management.
- Utilizes supplied technology to report on results.
- Sets and reviews performance against objectives with Retail Sales Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/BA desired; or equivalent.
- 0-2 years sales related and/or consumer product goods experience preferred.
- High interest in sales.
- Valid Drivers License.
- Some overnight travel required
- Varied work week, may include evenings and/or weekends.
- Ability to lift and carry 55 pounds.
- Certification on customer technology where applicable.
- Ability to learn the role and responsibilities of the position.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others.
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to solve common problems experienced in a retail environment.
- Selling skills.
- Computer skills: Excel, Power Point, Word, Access and e-mail.
- Knowledge of Nestle brands and products.
- Knowledge of retail customer operations.
- Knowledge of NROC organizational structure.
- Ability to analyze financial, inventory, retail conditions and/or other data to determine appropriate selling approach.
- Ability to learn and utilize customer technology in everyday job functions.
- Ability to manage tasks in a time conscious manner achieving coverage goals.
- Ability to manage within a financial budget.
Nestle USA - 16 months ago
Nestlé is the world's largest food and nutrition company. Founded and headquartered in Vevey, Switzerland, Nestlé originated...