Corporate Director of Earned Value Management (EVM) (Job Number: 321149)
As the head of Earned Value Management for this Fortune 500 company the Corporate Director of EVM will be responsible for managing all facets of the company’s Earned Value Management System (EVMS). This includes management of the company’s policy, processes, tools, and training. In addition, this position requires leadership and supervision of the staff of the company’s EVM Center of Excellence.
This position requires mastery of the EVM field and practices. Requirements include extensive large program implementation experience and the ability to synthesize the best practices from these experiences for application to non-traditional programs that are seeking to gain value from the application of EVM. The successful candidate will be the company’s EVMS Focal Point and will update the company’s EVMS Description and processes and lead the EVM practices and community across the company.
The candidate will lead the company’s practices and employees in planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk. Requires hands-on leadership in the development, maintenance, and/or tracking of: Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) and related dictionaries, the Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS), Control Accounts, Basis of Estimates (BOEs), Integrated Master Schedules (IMSs), the Performance Measurement Baselines (PMBs), change management process, work authorization process, subcontractor management, material control, cost collection, technical performance, integrated reporting, forecasting Estimates at Completion (EACs), and implementing corrective actions.
The candidate will lead programs through preparing for and conducting Validation / Implementation Reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs), and joint surveillance. The candidate is responsible for ensuring that programs implement and maintain the company’s EVMS while fulfilling contract requirements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for training, mentoring, and leading project team members through the implementation and maintenance of the EVMS. The candidate will work with project and line managers to perform a full range of managerial duties for those employees under functional supervision, including recruitment, salary administration, performance reviews, and career development. The candidate must have extensive proposal development experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline. Masters in Business Administration preferred. Certifications as a Project Management Professional (PMP) and Earned Value Professional (EVP) are required. At least 20 years of experience in EVM roles, with experience leading implementations on programs as well as leadership roles at the corporate level.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCES:
The candidate shall:
- have experience developing and implementing EVM Systems, best practices, and training material.
- be well versed in oral and written communication skills. These skills shall include the publication of articles on EVM best practices and the presentation of material to the user communities.
- have mastery level skills in Cobra and wInsight and the creation of the associated tools architecture.
- have expertise in scheduling practices and MS Project.
- have successful experience leading teams through Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs), Validation/Implementation Reviews and Surveillance Reviews.
- have demonstrated experience with interfacing with DCMA, intelligence agencies, and industry partners.
- have defined and executed internal surveillance plans.
- have established EVM communities and have mentored practitioners.
- have engaged regularly in external EVM forums and communities to stay abreast of best practices.
- have integrated EVM with other process based practices for complete program management solutions.
- possess a strong background working with multiple contract types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Fixed Price Level of Effort (FPLOE), Time and Materials (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), and hybrid contracts.
- TS/SCI security clearance is preferred
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Jan 28, 2013, 10:14:56 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 17 months ago
Senior Program Control Analyst
MCKEAN DEFENSE GROUP, LLC/CABRILLO TECHNOLOGIES
MCKEAN DEFENSE GROUP, LLC/CABRILLO TECHNOLOGIES
- 9 days ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...