The Technical Operator will be part of the Media Technologies team, responsible for the planning, sourcing, distribution, editing, processing and archiving of various types of media formats and content. Position can be assigned within our Content, Planning or Archive groups.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
• Role includes, but is not limited to hands on operations within the Media Technologies department, including Ingest, transfer of media files, Tape Records, dubs, linear and non-linear edit, CC requirements, cataloging media, content archive, planning and more.
• Expected to learn and understand quality control steps and applicable ESPN Technical Standard Operating Procedures.
• Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
• Participation in required administrative tasks including, but not limited to, the effective utilization of all ESPN software-based applications (such as time entry and travel and expense filing), as well as the daily shift reporting and bi-monthly accomplishment documents.
• Ability to participate in problem solving and troubleshooting techniques and effective communication to best convey the issues necessary for resolution.
• All employees are expected to embrace company initiatives including town hall and/or departmental meetings, upward feedback performance management applications and employee surveys.
• Candidates must have fundamental knowledge of technical and operating systems within a television environment and/or assigned area.
• Basic organizational skills are required.
• Ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines.
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• A minimum of 1 year of practical TV Production or related experience.
• A minimum of 1 year of professional or previous internship experience in control room operations or related technical field.
A College or Technical School degree in communications, electronics, television production or related field.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...