Job ID: ITS43_Software Systems Analyst/Programmer IV
Job Title: Software Systems Analyst IV – Hyperion Technical Operations Resource
Job Location: MA - Boston
Job Duration: 11 Months +
General and Detail Duties:
The Hyperion technical operations resource is expected to bring hands on experience with Oracle’s Hyperion Financial Planning Suite to support the MA Budget Application (MBA) and to assist existing ANF technical staff to become proficient in managing and making modifications to this application. Knowledge transfer to ANF technical staff is a primary responsibility of this position.
- Work with Commonwealth resources to run and manage Hyperion Planning 11.1.2 and Workforce Planning 11.1.2 and transfer knowledge of these skills to ANF technical staff.
- Make agreed upon enhancements to the current MBA solution/application.
- Support business operations via the use of Hyperion technology solutions, including: development of new Hyperion Financial Reports and Interactive Reports, copying data from scenario to scenario, updating planning hierarchies, making changes to web forms, maintaining and managing workflow, investigating defects or issues.
- Support/mentor Commonwealth resources via knowledge transfer.
- Support on-going project activities to ensure that additional Hyperion solution elements are understood and can be assumed by Commonwealth staff in the future.
- Record and monitor issues, data requests or system enhancements.
- Diagnose and analyze performance of MBA programs, identify existing or potential problems and determine appropriate action(s) and recommend solutions in consultation with users and ANF.
- Research questions using available information resources including consultation with Oracle.
- Build budgetary reports using Hyperion Financial Reports and Interactive Reporting.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers on budget application functionality and modules.
- Ensure that all incidents and requests are resolved and handled promptly and in order of priority. Prepare activity and status reports. Facilitate meetings to provide status of incidents and requests.
- Develop working understanding of MMARS and ANF statutory responsibilities related to budgetary and financial controls in the state accounting system.
- Develop test cases, scenarios and scripts to validate functionality of MBA system.
- Develop reports to validate results of testing (compare anticipated to actual).
- Perform unit and regression testing of code and provide results to project team, which include screen shots and data anomalies.
- Re-test, if necessary, to ensure quality output.
- Comply with development methodology and other technical standards set by ANF and ITD.
- Develop use cases and technical specifications.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed.
- A Master’s degree is preferred. A degree in a related field such as business, economics or information technology is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience operating and running Hyperion applications/solutions for a large complex organization, supporting business needs and fixing defects.
- Understanding and ability to develop Hyperion business rules and calculations both in Financial Planning and Workforce Planning.
- Experience working with Financial Reporting and ability to develop Financial Reports.
- Experience working with Hyperion Interactive Reporting and experience integrating relational tables with Essbase cubes.
- Experience in developing SmartView reports.
- Understanding of Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, research and communication skills.
DatamanUSA, LLC - 17 months ago