Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a new airline dedicated to making flying good again. VX incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that offers more: more fun, more options, more comfort, more entertainment and more value.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Virgin America’s Sales and Distribution team is focused on the development of long term mutually beneficial sales and distribution relationships with key like minded industry partners. We have invested in the latest industry distribution technology allowing us to form valuable corporate and travel agency partnerships. Virgin America has swept all of the major travel industry awards for service and style over the past five years. We continue to march forward mirroring the same results in the corporate boardroom, creating “WOW” while engaging the key corporate and agency partnerships in the markets we serve.
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Director ofSales , the SFO based National Account Manager, will be responsible for establishing relationships and driving profitable revenue with key national and regional travel management companies (TMCs), corporations, and entertainment organizations in Northern California and the Pacific Northwest. The position requires an entrepreneurially minded individual who will formulate and execute a comprehensive distribution roadmap as it relates to Virgin America’s participation in both the direct corporate, and TMC marketplace.
With the mandate of establishing and building long term partnerships, the individual will work with key internal and external stakeholders in developing, securing and executing sales programs that ensures both Virgin America’s and key TMC’s financial objectives are met.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Negotiate innovative and industry leading partnerships with like minded partners, with a strong emphasis on corporate and large regional TMC related development initiatives
- Develop and implement client specific sales programs for key TMC partners which accurately depicts the unique product and route network of Virgin America
- Support an existing account base in achieving business objectives using our industry leading analytics tools
- Work with core internal departments to ensure that programs are effectively communicated with all stakeholders
- Prepare and report ongoing portfolio results to senior level management
- Extensive airline sales industry related background (5-7years) in developing cutting edge sales programs for a large customer base
- Excellent knowledge and experience using consultative sales techniques and practices
- Strong background in building and communicating complex information in a simple and effective manner
- Prior experience / relationships in the San Francisco, Silicon Valley and the Pacific Northwest corporate travel market sector calling on key corporate accounts, and large mid-sized TMCs.
- Success in winning RFPs and manage global and multinational corporate accounts.
- Undergraduate degree with 5-7 years working in an entrepreneurial fast paced consultative sales environment.
- Thorough understanding of the current travel industry distribution models
- Background and experience in the structuring and effective management of corporate and agency incentive share agreements
- Proven capability working in an analytically minded, fact based sales and account management environment. Prior exposure to and use of travel industry data reporting sources such as ARC and PRISM are desirable.
- A versatile team player that can perform equally well as an individual or together with our small but cohesive and driven sales team
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills as it relates to both an internal and external customer base
- Excellent PowerPoint skills and knowledge of salesforce.com would be advantageous.
- Travel, at times potentially significant, will be required.
Virgin America - 19 months ago
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...