Job Category: Engineering
City: Mountain View
Country: United States of America
Company Overview: Intuit is a leading software provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, but that’s just the start. We are currently going through a fundamental transformation from a shrink-wrapped software company to one of the country's leading providers of web-based applications and solutions.
Come join Intuit as part of the Personal Finance team as a Sr. Quality Assurance/Test Automation Engineer. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
Your Opportunity at Intuit: We're looking for a Sr Software Engineer in Quality (Sr. QA/Test Automation Engineer) to join the Quicken/Mint team. Quicken has been the leader in desktop personal finance for over 25 years and with over 10m users, you have the opportunity to affect the financial life of literally millions of Americans. Your innovations in user interface, algorithms, investments tools, and savings recommendations can save people billions of dollars. Pretty cool to operate at that level huh?
If you want be a leader within the Quicken team, help change the way people manage and do more with their money, and help build an international brand going forward, we're interested.
The additional responsibilities of this position include:
Your Talents: Required
- Employing OOP and advanced and automated test methodologies to oversee and coordinate testing activities and reporting.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure features/products achieve desired level of quality. Influence the inclusion of testability during design and development phases.
- Thoroughly test the product through all phases of development life cycle (Functional testing, regression/integration testing, performance testing) using a combination of testing methods; develop and execute automated and some manual (black and white box) tests for assigned test group.
- Actively participate in establishing project plans, estimating work and monitoring progress against milestones.
- Involvement in all phases of design and development of our consumer personal finance offerings.
- Interact with developers during appropriate stages of projects; participate in design and code reviews.
- Actively participate in the feature/product functional design process. Work with Marketing, QA, Documentation, Product Support, and Engineering to help evaluate alternatives and build proposals.
- Contribute to product and process improvements and refinement of QA practices.
Learn more about our award winning workplace and how we give back to our local and global communities. Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. Join us and let your ingenious ideas be heard. How far can you think? www.intuitcareers.com
- BS Software Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years Experience writing tools in C, C++ and/or Objective-C
- Possesses solid software engineering skills, thorough knowledge of SDLC and QA/Test and automation methodologies.
- Excellent programming discipline: object oriented principles, design patterns, unit testing
- Experience working with high volume customer-facing products, preferably a consumer product
- Must have great analytical and troubleshooting skills as well as thrive in a dynamic work environment.
- Knowledge of QuickTest, Silk, or other windows test automation software.
- In-depth understanding of Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience with metrics definition and measurements of quality
- Excellent written and communication skills
Be innovative… Be yourself... Be Intuit …