We are currently seeking a Residential Project Manager to join our San Francisco office. The ideal candidate will have a strong architectural background and will have proven success managing all facets of a project.
• Reconciles the goals and priorities of SOM with those of our clients while fostering opportunities for design and technical excellence.
• Contributes architectural experience with residential design to the design and delivery process.
• Manages project services required; maintains internal cost control procedures, monitors and documents project process.
• Contributes to SOM’s leadership by enabling clear communications among team leaders, consultants and clients while promoting professional relationships internally and externally.
• Promotes Project Management as a discipline within and outside of SOM.
• Develops and maintains a Project Plan for each project.
• Conduct important client communications and videoconferencing occasionally after hours.
• Convey valuable design information from the client to the design team.
• Prepares services agreement in conjunction with Project Partner.
• Serves as primary contact with client, external consultants and vendors.
• Receives and distributes project communication regarding delivery of services to all team leaders.
• Documents all phases of service.
• Chairs weekly project coordination meetings on all active projects.
• Schedules and chairs all client meetings. Records the minutes of these meetings and documents action items.
• Monitors services vis-à-vis the contract requirements and identifies changes in project scope, schedule or service that result in supplemental or additional services and bring such changes to the immediate attention of the client and Project Partner.
• Prepares, in conjunction with Project Accountant, appropriate billings and pursues payment compliant with services agreement.
• Maintains and updates project data in a timely fashion to insure accurate reporting of earnings and accurate billings.
• Reviews timecards on a weekly basis for conformance with the Project Plan.
Supervises one or more employees.
• Participates in marketing and business development.
• Actively pursues opportunities for professional development.
The American Institute of Architects - 18 months ago
Skidmore Owings & Merrill prefers a skyline view. One of the world's largest architectural and engineering firms, Skidmore Owings...