Technology Service Consultant
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. And at HP, we know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success.
Exceptional people supporting business technology in action
is made up of talented professionals who bring the technical insight, process excellence, and resource flexibility to help customers optimize their technology operations and drive business outcomes, from desktop to datacenter. In TS we know relationships and people matter--our services provide margin, “stickiness”, customer satisfaction & loyalty.
HP Technology Services, Enterprise Group is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified candidates for various opportunities as
Technology Service Consultants
. Completing a profile will allow us to evaluate your qualifications for ongoing openings and to stay connected
- Responsible for providing detailed technical design for Backup, Recovery, and Archive Consulting engagements
- Serve as a Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops data protection solutions, recommendations, and designs
- Leads large cross functional teams including technical management of the client staff assigned to projects
- Lead the delivery team in the completion of project requirements, architecture, and/or implementation of data protection services including design, planning, or implementation activities
- Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet customer expectations. May need to develop new methods to apply to customer specific situations.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to proposal efforts and solution designs. Provides consulting advice to customer’s senior Information Technology (IT) leadership and sets strategic direction for customers based on HP’s solutions and products.
- Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions, yet works independently to drive technical problems to a resolution.
- Produces strategies which assist HP in becoming No. 1 in the market place.
- Actively participates in HP professional program and Practice Improvement activities.
- Is a role model to peers and provides knowledge sharing, mentorship, and technical direction.
- Proactively leads technically significant work on enterprise scale projects. Is recognized by peers as an expert in a particular area of technology. Sustained and consistent contribution at the regional level.
- Provide Pre-Sales support as needed and collaborates with Sales and Pursuit colleagues to drive the adoption of HP technologies, services, and solutions
to customers during the sales and delivery cycles as required
- Work within the Storage Professional Services Organization and Cross-functionally to enhance existing services and identify new service opportunities.
Education and Professional Experience Required:
- 12+ years of professional experience and a Master of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a Master’s degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (15+ years in total).
- Subject Matter Expertise with Enterprise Backup, Recovery, and Archive Solutions such as HP Data Protector, HP Autonomy, Symantec NetBackup, Symantec Enterprise Vault, IBM TSM, EMC Networker,
EMC Avamar, StoreOnce, Data Domain, CommVault
- Enterprise Storage and Server knowledge a plus
- Server, Storage, and Desktop Virtualization a plus
United States-New York-New York
United States-New Jersey-All
Yes, 25 % of the Time
HP - 2 years ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...