At the General Manager’s or Designer’s direction,
responsible for assisting customers in
making living spaces safe, functional and attractive by
combining colors and textures
together as well as by utilizing lighting and furniture.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of
this job. Specific duties or tasks
may vary and be documented separately. The employee
might not be required to
perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be
assigned, and functions may be
modified, according to business necessity.
- Plans, designs and suggests interior environments for
and industrial buildings.
and function, types of
- Meets with customers to determine preferences, purpose
materials and budget when planning interior and exterior
as space planning, layout
- Advises customers about interior design factors such
and utilization of furnishing, equipment, color schemes
and color coordination.
to formulate a plan and sell
- Integrates findings and knowledge of interior design
the appropriate products to complete the plan.
illustrations, estimates material
- Renders design ideas in the form of drawings or
requirements and costs, and presents design(s) for
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (includes education)
equivalent combination of
- Three (3) years of interior design experience, or an
education and experience sufficient to perform the
essential functions of the job,
as determined by the company. Interior Design Degree is
a plus. Additional
relevant experience can be substituted for the required
education on the basis of
one calendar year of experience for one academic year of
manner and gather an analyze
- Hard surface flooring experience is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task with urgency.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical/mental demands)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the
physical and mental capacity to
perform effectively all essential functions. In addition
to other demands, the demands of
the job include:
executives, customers, staff
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities,
and the general public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks
- Computer usage.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and
stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms,
occasionally up to 25
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust
- Personal Computer
- Telephone and/or cellular telephone
Floor and Decor - 14 months ago
Floor & Decor provides more choices than the big-box, retail mega-stores. And we offer it for less than what you would find at a...