Job Title : Account Representative I
Requisition Number : WS-1249
Interest Category : Sales / Marketing
Hourly/Salary : Salary
City : Portland
State : Oregon
Country : United States
Shift : Days
Account Representative - GROW YOUR CAREER WITH AN INDUSTRY LEADER!
Reporting to the Area/Regional Sales Manager, the James Hardie Account Representative works to strategically target potential customers (distributors, dealers, installers big box customers ) to generate and grow new business.
The incumbent also positions the Company’s value proposition and whole-product solution to the customer to build and enhance strong customer relationships and to become a strong business partner.
With a strong knowledge of business and market sense, the incumbent successfully manages an assigned sales territory and reports on related marketing activities by conducting competitive market analysis, competitive intelligence, and other sales-related research.
Concentrates business-focused selling efforts on customers within the target audience profile to create and retain sales demand for the Company’s interior products and positions the Company’s value proposition solution to the customer by:
BENEFITS: of the products to a target audience, including general contractors, builders, architects, framing contractors, plumbing and/or tile installers through in-person presentations, product knowledge sessions, and/or one-on-one meetings;
Sells the Company’s product to contractors and store purchasing agents via in-store channels (Lowe’s and Home Depot), on the job site, and at appropriate events by:
- Identifying core sales strategies that drive product brand awareness within the assigned market
- Conducting market research via job site reviews to determine product utilization;
- Communicating expertise on the Company’s product installation best practices through job-site trials; and
- Establishing and meeting distributor goals by analyzing sales data;
- Performing training seminars with Customer Service and Distributor Sales Representatives on an as-needed basis;
- Establishing a strong line of communication with owners and other key-decision makers.
- Establishing and utilizing contractor desk relationships to gain sales referrals and/or /leads;
- Identifying qualified contractors that have the potential to be converted from using current siding or backerboard products to using and promoting the Company’s products;
- Successfully developing and maintaining relationships with newly converted contractors to ensure product sales;
- Working closely with District and/or Store Managers on high-level projects such as district-wide buys, training and/or initiative implementation in the stores resulting in increased volume/market share and brand recognition; and
- Providing product overviews and usage demonstrations to store associates and their customers and contractors on all Company products;
- Ensuring that proper inventory levels are consistently maintained, including point of purchase materials and proper product levels;
- Negotiating with store partners for the best product placement
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Developing new business and generating sales leads by managing a territory and selling activities.
- Problem solving, crafting a win-win solution and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale.
- Ability to communicate and work with cross-functional teams and all levels in the organization.
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- Demonstrated intermediate skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and proprietary software).
- Excellent presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Willingness and ability to work from home office environment and structure a productive day with little to no supervision.
- Strong self-directed organizational skills to organize time effectively on daily and weekly basis.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel overnight (20%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, or a related field
- 1 to 3 years of successful outside sales experience selling value-added, whole solution products to customers