Position Number 116500
Department: Facilities Services
Closing Date : March 4, 2013
Work Schedule : Full-time, 12 months/year, 1.0 FTE
Minimum Entry Rate: $10.320/hr-$11.116/hr
Union Affiliation: MPEA
Probationary Period : Six months minimum
Benefits Include: Insurance package; mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver; professional development/wellness program
The mission of Facilities Services is to provide an attractive, functional, and safe environment to support the daily routine of students, faculty, and staff by maintaining the facilities in a safe and efficient manner and assisting where needed to accommodate the needs of academic and various departments utilizing the facility within the parameters of policy set by The University of Montana and the Main Campus Facilities Services Department.
This entry level position under direct supervision provides direct customer service to members of the campus and to the community at large; builds and maintains a work atmosphere of trust and respect by establishing open communication among team members, recognizing the value of individual differences at all levels of the organization, taking steps to prevent destructive conflict and handling conflict in an appropriate manner, listening and responding appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of all individuals, and providing support and assistance to team members; performs beginning to intermediate routine custodial duties, including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, floor stripping and refinishing, trash removal, and sanitizing; and performs general maintenance, including, but not limited to, changing light bulbs and filters and supplying paper products and soap.
T his position requires incumbent to develop ability to learn new equipment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment; create and maintain a work atmosphere of trust and respect with all team members
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to read instructions, safety information, policies and procedures, and write
- Demonstrated skill in customer service orientation
- Demonstrated interpersonal, listening, and oral communication skills
- Ability to be organized and effectively manage time
(Qualified candidates must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform the primary functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.)
Physical Screen will be administered prior to a final offer of employment.
- Lifting: Floor to 30 inches, up to 50 lbs. Floor to 60 inches, up to 35 lbs. Floor to overhead, up to 5 lbs sustained, with both hands. (Lifting buffer, Floor to 30”, 70 lbs optional)
- Carrying: 2 handed front carry up to 35 lbs for 50 feet. (Carrying buffer up stairs, 70 lbs optional)
- Pushing and pulling forces required (during the use of cleaning equipment 25 lbs, handling janitor’s cart 5 lbs).
- Pushing and pulling forces required (handling, pushing and pulling classroom and office furniture, file cabinets, and equipment): 30 lbs sustained at waist level (60 lbs optional)
- Static trunk forward bending and twisting from a standing, crouching, or kneeling position while using tools
- Reaching with your arms in all directions, including overhead with 5 lbs in both hands, sustained
- Working overhead from various positions (standing, squatting, and kneeling)
- Balancing when climbing and working on a ladder
- Use of various hand grip circumferences and firm hand grip positions while manipulating various tools and equipment (maximum 50 lbs)
- High school graduation and one year related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
HOW TO APPLY
Upload the following materials: *Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
- Letter of Interest – please also address the stated required skills for the position
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work experience
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment
In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
References *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility. All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
University of Montana - 17 months ago