Under the supervision of the Day Center Coordinator plans and implements activities for FPC participants
Summary of essential job functions:
1. Assists with planning and development of routine recreational activities for the Center.
2. Develops a group activity plan, which meets the interests, needs and capability of participants.
3. Works one on one with assigned participants to implement specific activity plans.
4. Supervise groups, leads games, exercise programs and other routine activities as assigned.
5. Schedules, distributes and posts the weekly activities.
6. Participates as an Interdisciplinary team member as assigned.
7. Assists with participant care needs such as feeding.
8. Responsible for scheduling and supervising volunteers and stipend volunteers (Senior Companions) and liaison with MJHHA Volunteer Coordinator
High School Diploma; Associate’s Degree preferred. Training in Therapeutic Recreation is desirable.
At least one year in formal activities program. Arts, music and crafts experience essential.
Certified Activities Director preferred
• Friendly, outgoing, positive personality;
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of the work group, and participants;
• Sensitivity to the needs of an aging population.
• Computer knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of documentation desirable.