DESCRIPTION DE L'OFFRE:
[Available online at: http://www.w3.org/2013/02/Webmaster-position]
The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C - http://www.w3.org/) is looking for a new staff member to assist with W3C's work as Webmaster. This is an opportunity for a unique individual to be part of the team responsible for the design of next generation World Wide Web Technologies and to lead a variety of industry and user groups toward the development of technologies that enhance the functionality of the Web.
You will be integrated with the Systems Team and will work closely with our Communications Team.
You will be located at the W3C MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology - http://www.csail.mit.edu/) host site, in Boston, USA and will enjoy working within a multicultural Team (http://www.w3.org/People/).
• Technical Reports publication: coordinate with the various W3C Working Groups to help them publish new W3C Recommendations (http://www.w3.org/TR/).
• Web site support: maintain portions of the W3C Web site and act as the primary contact for Web site support.
• Systems development: develop and maintain applications that helps the Consortium to fulfill its mission (http://www.w3.org/Consortium/).
As the recognized leader for the technical development of the World Wide Web, we are seeking an individual with interest in Web technology, Open-Source software and enthusiasm for the mission and spirit of W3C.
Candidates should have:
• Background in computer science and software engineering
• Familiarity with Web technologies like (X)HTML, XSL, CSS, RDF...
• Experience with several programming languages (PHP, Java, Perl, Shell script...)
• Regular Linux (Debian preferred) user
• Experience with Apache and MySQL
• Familiarity with mail servers is a plus
• Good written and spoken competency in English and French and knowledge of other languages and cultures
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
This position is for 1 year starting as early as April 2013.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, please send a motivation letter and your resume or CV in electronic form (HTML only) to email@example.com Please also include links to Web based systems you have worked on especially if the source code is available. Additional links such as to online profiles welcome so we can learn more about interested applicants.
CIVIWEB.COM - 22 months ago