With limited supervision of the Systems Manager, the Senior System Analyst provides significant contributions required for implementation of major projects, taking responsibility for various segments, or will handle all facets of enhancement projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensures implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensures that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with company policy and governmental regulations.
Is committed to the Way We Work Principles, and adhere to the Company’s Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (“EH&S”), Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”), discipline, and security.
Works with users to prepare requirements analyses for enhancements to existing systems or new systems. Develops functional scope and design documentation for enhancements of existing systems. Principal author in development of documentation for larger projects. Drafts test plans.
Designs application enhancements and small projects according to departmental standards. Writes programming specifications based on system design.
Codes applications or supports some aspect of the application development environment (such as tools or common components). Performs unit testing. Troubleshoots problems found in testing development projects, production applications, or the development environment. Prepares work for production implementation.
Works with vendors to install products. Supports and maintains vendor packages in production, performing and testing upgrades as necessary. Prepares any changes for production implementation.
Performs integration and system testing, and sets up user acceptance testing. Performs high level applications testing for technology upgrades.
Provides hardware and support to control centers.
Identifies and resolves information flow, content issues and transforms business requirements into logical database designs, data models and data definitions. Recommends tools and methodologies to be used for managing data.
May be required to coordinate development activities of several contractors, junior staff, and Technology Services.
Makes recommendations for improving application design and implementation in light of process changes or changes in the business or technology environment. Follows up on recommendations, development tangible implementation proposals and if approved developing detailed plans.
Captures scope, design, schedule, cost, and performance information in specified documentation formats. Performs necessary updates.
Recognizes when interactions with Technology Services personnel are required and ensures that issues are handled.
Participate in the Company’s emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
Performs other related assignments, as required.
Specific Requirements of the Job:
1. Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of demonstrated work experience in a related Information Technology field. OR
Associate’s Degree or technical certification with at least 4 years of demonstrated work experience in a related Information Technology field.
2. Must have good interpersonal skills to work with and coordinate with other departments.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience in writing formal documentation and requirements. Experience in preparing and conducting presentations is preferred.
5. Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible. Ability to complete multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines. Able to perform some supervisory functions in support of or absence of team leader.
6. Ability to transfer knowledge to peers and train subordinates.
7. At a high level, understands the application portfolio, the computing and communications infrastructures and the IR organizations required to support them.
8. Must be able to provide off-hour, on-call support for server related issues as required.
9 Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel to various Company locations within the
O&R and CECONY service territory.
Monster - 12 months ago