Certified Nursing Assistant
2 years of experience required
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Performs a variety of tasks related to nursing services in order to assist the nursing staff and support the operation of the hospital.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physically capable of positioning patients, transporting patients by cart or wheelchair and lifting, moving or transporting supplies, instruments and equipment within reasonable weight limits.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a hospital environment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Observe, document and report patient/family conditions and behaviors to RN.
2. Obtain, document and report vital signs.
3. Reinforce patient/family education as directed by RN.
4. Obtain and document overall fluid intake/output.
5. Document care given.
6. Assist in feedings.
7. Discontinue IV lines.
8. Maintain IV Therapy.
a. Set-up and prime tubing after RN has selected fluid.
b. Observe site and monitor flow.
9. Provide ostomy and skin care.
10. Perform Oral/nasal suctioning.
11. Record chest tube drainage.
12. Assist in the processing/preparation of patients arriving to various hospital units.
13. Maintain linen/laundry supplies throughout the hospital.
14. Assist in the cleaning and placement of equipment and furniture throughout hospital using appropriate aseptic technique as directed.
15. Assist in the cleaning of various areas of the hospital using appropriate aseptic technique.
16. Obtain and maintain supplies for various areas of the hospital as directed.
17. Assists patients in gowning, walking, positioning and transport.
18. Assist in patient care activities as directed by licensed personnel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities : Accountable for the quality/reliability of assigned tasks in assisting the provision of patient care consistent with hospital policy and procedure.
Education : High school diploma or GED.
Experience : Knowledge of patient care and aseptic technique gained through 2 to 3 years experience in a healthcare facility.
Certificate/License : CPR Certification.
ALTERNATIVE TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: None
OrthoIndy - 17 months ago