First Quality is a privately-held group of manufacturing companies who are leaders in their respective field. The organization is run by hands-on owners with dynamic expansion plans to significantly increase the size of the business over the next few years.
We are seeking an experienced Product Development Scientist for our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in King of Prussia, PA . This position is responsible to create, develop and implement new and proprietary designs of absorbent-related product systems based upon business, customer, and consumer needs. Will also provide support for the needs of present product systems to assure competitive performance and value.
Primary responsibilities include:
Ideal candidates will possess the following skills:
- Participate as a member of the Product Development team; execute projects in timely, diligent, safe, and professional manner, and contribute to the growth of the team and department.
- Design new products and product improvements to meet business and consumer needs.
- Develop new and improved materials and technologies with suppliers, and ensure all new raw materials obtain proper safety testing and clearance.
- Use basic Design of Experiments (DOE) techniques to develop experimental plans.
- Support the existing business product cost improvements through product redesigns.
- Provide technical support to reduce consumer complaints
- Support corporate proprietary technology by documenting and patenting novel ideas.
- Develop new test methods to better predict and understand product performance in use.
- Work with more senior scientist or manager to help set project objectives.
- Coach and develop indirect reports to enhance team performance towards department objectives.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
The company’s philosophy and work environment has been created by an ownership that places a premium on integrity, honesty and teamwork. As important as a candidate’s qualifications, is their ability to work closely with their colleagues and strive in a politics and ego free atmosphere.
- Four year technical degree (e.g. Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent; additional business studies preferred.
- 10+ years in R&D inventing, developing and implementing new products.
- Knowledge of and experience with developing product systems for the retail market, preferably hygiene products
- Knowledge of materials used in retail absorbent products (e.g. pulp, super absorbent polymers, nonwovens).
- Working knowledge of consumer product converting technologies for pulp, paper and nonwoven materials.
- Experience with the process of searching, evaluating and filing patents.
- Experience providing direction for the physical testing of hypotheses, resulting in specific conclusions and recommendations.
- Able to speak, read and write the English language and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills, with working knowledge of basic statistics.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office program.
- Able to travel occasionally to US and International for product and process trials.
Excellent compensation and benefit package!
First Quality - 13 months ago
Consumer paper products and bottled water prevail at First Quality Enterprises (FQE). A diversified group of companies, FQE manufactures and...