The Help Desk Analyst is responsible for providing level one support of proprietary applications to internal and external users in addition to providing support for desktop related issues. The analyst receives user Help Desk requests (phone, electronic, in-person), coordinates problem identification and resolution, tracks and reports Help Desk activities. The analyst must be customer service and results oriented with effective problem solving skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handling complex issues with the functions and usage of all proprietary applications via telephone, email or in person.
- Must resolve 75% of all calls at point of contact.
- Must own customer issues, follow up on all open issues and provide resolutions in accordance with MSD documented Service Level Agreements.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the end users and the technology staff, and would be required to communicate effectively between the two.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Advise user on appropriate action.
- Follow standard help desk procedures and log all help desk interactions.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource, second level support/identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and Route problems and requests and document resolutions/prepare activity reports.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- An excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Office environment
Concentra's Data Protection Commitment
* Concentra is committed to protect patient data and to ensure privacy of personal and medical information.
* Every Concentra colleague has the responsibility to adhere to data protection principles.
* If a colleague's role includes handling or processing sensitive data, role-specific policies and requirements apply to ensure the protection of patient information.
- Must possess technical troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of networks and the internet.
- Understanding of Windows based applications; Windows 2000/XP Professional, Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Ability to perform desktop related functions such as drive mapping, internet connection troubleshooting, hardware installations, program installations and removals etc.
- Ability to guide users through established troubleshooting procedures to identify and resolve technical problems.
- Excellent and un-compromised customer service skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to assimilate and apply new knowledge quickly in a fast paced changing environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience working in technical support and/or a help desk environment a plus
- Knowledge of PC remote control software (i.e. PcAnywhere or VNC), Knowledge of using Excel/MS-Word/MS-Access a plus.
- Ability to work within the hours of 6AM - 9PM Mon-Sat
- Ability to work as needed on special projects.
- A flexible attitude with work assignments, changing schedules and priorities is required for this position.
JOB RELAVENT EXPERIENCE:
- High school education or equivalent experience, technical training and/or certifications
- 1 - 3 years experience in call center or Help Desk
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra Managed Care, Inc. is the leading provider of healthcare management and cost containment services to the workers' compensation,...