Amazon is looking for an International Tax Analyst based in Seattle, Washington at the company’s headquarters. This position is responsible for research, planning, and project implementation. Primary duties include:
- Collaborate with business units to proactively identify and research international tax planning opportunities.
- Evaluate the tax effect and implications of international business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals to advise management on the tax implications.
- Assist with due diligence and integration for acquisitions.
- Review and research international tax questions for tax planning, tax accounting and tax compliance purposes.
- Assist with scoping and establishing foreign filing requirements for new entities and changes to current structure.
- Prepare FIN 48 memos and related analysis.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of federal and international tax laws and current developments. Monitor industry positions relevant to Amazon’s international business operations.
- Review financial data for proper application of tax laws and transfer pricing.
· 2+ years of corporate tax experience with significant exposure to international tax in a Big 4 public accounting firm, major law firm, and/or a multinational corporation.
· Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, and online research software
· Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred; JD, LLM or MST a plus
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interface with senior management
· Must have understanding of accounting concepts
· Thorough understanding of both subchapter C and the international tax provisions of the Internal Revenue Code and Regulations
An International Tax Analyst at Amazon must be able to work well with cross-functional teams, and be able to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals. The preferred candidate will be a detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, and possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
We place particular emphasis on the ability to work effectively in a team environment. The successful candidate will be a hard working, quick learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude and solid professionalism. Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Amazon.com - 10 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...