Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
•This position requires an experienced systems engineer and administrator to provide Linux engineering, software integration, and tier three administration in the context of an automated could provisioning environment. The Linux baseline is a tightly secured configuration which has been engineered into a corporate, accredited, and supportable platform. Called the Common Linux Server Environment, this platform has been repeatedly provisioned, and is the operating system currently available via the automated provisioning service.
•This position will be as a member of the core enterprise Linux engineering team and will be responsible for refining and incorporating new software on top of the baseline.
•Will represent the baseline at technical exchanges, providing in-depth guidance to engineer corporate solutions for customers’ varied needs.
•Work closely with team members and infrastructure partners to engineer and implement design decisions, often requiring the applicant to develop working knowledge in new fields to integrate a wide array of software.
•Will be assigned to multiple priority projects and must be able to recommend, implement, and defend decisions that maintain the enterprise baseline in support of the CIO’s stated desire to support standardization at the IT infrastructure layer and current GCS focus on automated operations.
• Significant expertise with Linux including Red Hat and variants
• Proficiency in Shell Scripting and manipulating the Linux command line
• Demonstrated engineering skill and critical thinking with respect to providing tier three infrastructure support
• Strong sense of information security and implementation of Linux security tools
• Demonstrated engineering skill and critical thinking with respect to integrating new capabilities into a software baseline
Candidate must have one of the following:
• 12 Years of job related experience and a High School/GED diploma
• 10 Years of job related experience and an Associate degree
• 8 Years of job related experience and a Bachelors degree
• 6 Years of job related experience and a Masters degree
• 4 Years of job related experience and a Doctorate
• Specific experience with customer specific implementation of Linux
• Familiarity with customer specific software development practices
• Experience with DCID 6/3 and ICD 503 security requirements as well as customer certification and accreditation process
• Experience with network layer technologies including server load balancing and firewalls
Security Requirement: TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) and seven to nine years of related experience.
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma
07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree
04-06 years w/Masters Degree