The Distribution Shipping Clerk I is responsible for verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Other duties include but are not limited to: preparing items for shipment; assembling, addressing, stamping and shipping merchandise; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming items; and making arrangements for transportation of products. There are no supervisory duties related to this position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Examine contents of incoming and outgoing shipments and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices or orders to verify accuracy of all
• Prepare and generate documents such as work orders, SAP pick lists, SAP packing lists, bills of lading and shipping orders for materials
• Record and enter shipment data such as weight, charges, tracking information, damages and discrepancies in SAP for reporting, accounting and recordkeeping purposes
• Update Freight Revenue spreadsheet as needed
• Relabeling of product
• Determine shipping methods for products using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates
• Determine, schedule and create bill of ladings for LTL shipments
• Correspond with internal departments to process customer complaints, returns and discrepancies in shipping
• Order and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain adequate inventory of stock
• Sort, prepare and load shipments for returns to vendors
• Pick up shipments from other departments that need to be returned or shipped out to other locations
• Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations
• Maintain regular contact with multi-departmental personnel regarding the status, delivery and arrival of merchandise orders
• Maintain frequent contact with Warehouse Manager regarding daily tasks, company policy guidance and reporting damages
• Support PreGel AMERICA in a variety of other duties and responsibilities as required by supervisor
Education, Work Experience and other requirements:
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma/GED with 2-3 years of job related experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job as outlined above. Interpersonal communication skills are a must. A strong commitment to a team culture and positive attitude is required. Must possess working knowledge of bar coding systems for inventory control and serialized/batched SKU's. Food industry experience is preferred.
Must be familiar with Microsoft office programs such as Outlook, Word and Excel. Must be able to operate copiers, scanners and other office technology. Must be able to bend frequently, physically lift and carry up to 50 lbs. as well as work on feet for extended periods of time on a daily basis. Must be able to independently research, analyze, organize and prioritize work. Prefer experience with WMS and SAP systems. Requires accuracy and attention to detail when completing tasks. Requires alertness, a regard for safety procedures and FDA/USDA regulations. Must possess strong knowledge of UPS, FEDEX or equivalent system.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and include examples of proficiency in Word, Excel and Photshop to email@example.com or send to:
4450 Fortune Avenue NW
Concord, NC 28027
PreGel AMERICA - 20 months ago