People want to be treated like individuals. At Cigna, we get that. That’s why we embrace and encourage peoples’ uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential – and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security.
But before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place. People like you.
Skills, experience, talent and creativity like yours enables us to develop the meaningful, innovative solutions our customers value and expect. That’s why we’re committed to recruiting, motivating and nurturing the best and the brightest, whether you have industry experience or not. We’re growing a workforce as unique and diverse as the millions of customers we proudly serve around the world – one individual at a time.
Cigna is a leading global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. We make this happen through a broad range of integrated health care and related plans and services, and proven health and well-being programs that are targeted to the unique needs of our customers, clients and partners. Cigna also operates internationally in 32 countries, has more than 70 million customer relationships worldwide, and serves 70 percent of fortune 100 companies.
The HealthService Leadership Program offers interns a unique practice and learning environment. We focus on identifying and attracting top graduate students who will influence change in the organization and develop into future senior leaders within our organization. The goal of the program is to build strategically agile leaders with a global mindset and a deep understanding of the people we serve. The 10-week internship provides the opportunity to work on a project which is aligned to our business priorities and growth strategy. In addition, Interns will have a full time HLP associate as their mentor, and the opportunity to meet with senior leaders throughout the summer. The internship provides insight into Cigna, its leadership, and key stakeholders.
Project focus may include, but is not limited to:
- Customer and Client Informatics
- Medical Economics & Financial Analysis
- Product Development & Management
- Sales & Distribution
- Service & Clinical Operations
- Strategy & Marketing
- Minimum of 3 years work experience
- First year student enrolled in an MBA, MPH, MHA or equivalent work experience
Candidates must include a cover letter in their application
- Strong leadership skills (influencing, organizational agility, courage, drive for results)
- Analytical & business acumen
- Independent & innovative thinking
- Project management experience (decision quality, priority management, organizational & attention to detail)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Hartford, CT (Cigna Corporation headquarters).
- Other field locations as determined by business need
We encourage you to complete all questions on the candidate profile if you wish to be considered for this opportunity.
- Individual project ownership tied to key business priorities and strategies
- Mentoring by and interaction with senior leaders and program director
- Opportunities and resources of a Fortune 150 company
- Exposure to industry stakeholders (doctors, hospitals, brokers, individuals, employers, etc.)
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Summer housing provided and paid for by Cigna
- Healthy balance of work and personal life
CIGNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CIGNA - 10 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...