Admin Assistant - 092302
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Under general direction, provides the appropriate administrative support to functional BE Director and other designated management.
1. Provides administrative support to functional BE Directors and other designated management. Answers telephone calls and tactfully handles inquiries and/or refers to appropriate party. Coordinates and makes notifications and arrangements for travel reservations and appointments.
2. Manages and prioritizes projects to meet the on-going needs of Director. This includes administrative support services such as budget administration, organization of events, planning and coordination of multiple presentations and maintenance of calendars.
3. Creates and develops visual presentations and graphics for use by the Director. Creates general correspondence such as memos, reports, proposals, charts, tables, and graphs.
4. Communicates with executive, administrative and line management to gather and convey information pertaining to the department.
5. Interfaces with clerical staff from within or outside the organization. Coordinates with firms, organizations, and individuals from outside the organization as needed.
6. Provides administrative support including submission of invoices, expense reports, other documentation, and records maintenance and retention as required by Johnson Controls legal.
7. Works within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as a project manager for special projects, as the request of the manager, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing events.
8. Reads and routes incoming mail and faxes for management.
9. Maintains all database records and reports as required. Prepares routine and special reports by accumulating data from various sources.
10. Organizes and maintains file systems. Ensures that administrative procedures are updated as needed and implements process improvements.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in Business Administration or equivalent preferred. Minimum of two years administrative support required. Must have demonstrated experience in using a variety of computer software applications including the Microsoft Suite of software (Excel, Access, MSWord, PowerPoint). Must be able to effectively communicate, which includes both verbal and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization. Demonstrated ability to constantly maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...