Ciena Corporation, the network specialist, offers leading network infrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice. Our portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable our customers to change the way they compete. Our solutions form the foundation of many of the largest, most reliable and sophisticated service provider, enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe.
Ciena is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they compete. With focused innovation, Ciena brings together the reliability and capacity of optical networking with the flexibility and economics of Ethernet, unified by a software suite that delivers the industry’s leading network automation.
We are actively seeking highly adept Senior Software Engineers to help build and scale our rapidly evolving Packet Networking solutions. As a member of the team you will play a significant role in the design and implementation of our carrier class Packet Networking products. The product line is poised to establish a recognizable footprint in the Packet Networking space for Ciena, who is already a leader in the Optical market. These products put us well on the way to achieving our goal of creating an effective synergy of optical and packet technologies to benefit our customers.
We are interested in Software Engineers who are passionate about networking and have an aptitude for building highly scalable distributed systems.
An ideal candidate is someone who can think outside the box and not be restricted by conventional ideas or solutions, while providing for a balance between engineering and business needs. Over a period of time you will have the opportunity of working in a wide range of areas spanning carrier grade infrastructure, high availability, performance, scale, data path software and networking protocols.
- Work closely with Product Line Management to understand customer requirements so as build apt design requirements
- Design, develop, unit test and bug fix customer focused software solutions with performance, scale and high availability in mind
- Be a role model by holding your own in technical discussions and influencing the team(s) towards good software practices
- Interact with and build relationships across multiple engineering teams to facilitate effective collaboration
- Scope and assist in validation testing activities and ensure the product delivered to the validation team aligns with customer expectations
- Serve as a technical reviewer of documentation towards product development across releases
- Assist in and at times lead some early product demonstrations to customers
- Proficient in networking concepts and in C/C++
- Very good software design skills
- Very good problem solving skills in the diagnosis and resolution of customer issues
- Proficient in IP, MPLS (L2VPN, LER, LSR, OAM) or L2 solutions
- Experience with carrier class solutions and software for routers and switches is highly desired
Ciena is an equal opportunity corporation and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.
- Bachelor's in CS/EE, Master's is preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience developing carrier class routers and switches
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes
- Experience in the development of customer focused software solutions
Please apply directly at: