Description Qualified candidate performs the leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required for the development of the enterprise Content Management and Records Management technical architectures. Elements of this practice include but are not limited to content management, knowledge management, search and integration.
- Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other architecture viewpoints, to derive the Architecture future state. This includes defining the requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the Content Management, Knowledge Management and enterprise search Architectures in accordance with established principles guidelines and patterns set forth by the Enterprise Architecture Office.
- In coordination with the Enterprise Architecture Office, develop, manage, and maintain enterprise strategy and roadmap for Content Management, Knowledge Management and enterprise search Architectures.
- Define, communicate and document the standards and technology for the Content Management, Knowledge Management and enterprise search Architectures.
- Understand and communicate how the Content Management, Knowledge Management and enterprise search Architectures interact, support and integrate with other technologies and information systems.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Lead the development, of repeatable technology solution patterns for application of appropriate technology to business requirement.
- Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, lead the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the Content Management, Knowledge Management and enterprise search Architectures as well as the enterprise.
- Oversee, direct, or consult on technology implementations and modification activities (for example, projects or high impact work activities), particularly shared technology solutions that span multiple technology verticals. Consult on application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the Enterprise
- Devon Information Technology Architecture Document Job Description Information Technology Architect and identify when it is necessary to modify the ETA to accommodate immediate or future project needs.
- Oversee and facilitate the research, evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of current and future technology roadmaps and decisions.
- Document necessary architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project postmortem documentation and metric collection.
- Define metrics to measure and demonstrate Content Management, Knowledge Management and enterprise search Architecture value.
- Understand, advocate and augment the business and IT strategies — and, more specifically, Content Management, Knowledge Management and enterprise search Architecture development and service delivery. Be prepared to lead the communication activities needed to ensure architecture success and use.
- Livelink and SharePoint engineering and design experience required
- Requires the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of customers.
- Ability to interact with IT staff on processes and procedures for meeting customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- Minimum of eight plus years professional content management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Monthly travel to field locations and quarterly travel to team meetings may be required
Devon Energy Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Independent oil and gas producer Devon Energy puts its energy into oil and gas fields far from England's southwestern coast, in North...