The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Under limited supervision, the Customer Care Representative responds to customer telephone inquiries in a professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction and retention. Required to have knowledge across all retail products and services including our automated telephone banking (VRU), online and mobile banking channels to help customers resolve basic to complex issues. The Representative needs to identify potential risk and exposure to the company pertaining to fraud and identity theft when they are working with customers.
In addition, the representative is expected to leverage opportunities to increase revenue by deepening customer relationships through the cross sell/up sell or referral of additional products and services.
Must be self-directed to work in a team oriented, fast paced, goal driven department of high performing Customer Care representatives. Ability to make independent decisions that benefit both the customer and company including refunding fees and making exceptions to policies when appropriate.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Customer Service
• Verbal Communication
• Critical Thinking
• Customer Retention
• 1st Contact Problem Resolution
• Sales Inbound/Outbound-Revenue Focus
• Negotiation/Decision Making
1. Respond to customer’s telephone inquiries 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year in a professional and pleasant manner. Provide accurate information across all retail products and offer solutions while demonstrating enthusiasm, apologizing sincerely for inconveniences, listening empathetically and tolerating difficult customers calmly.
2. Provide quality service as a differentiator for our company to retain
current customers and attract new business. Exercise good judgment
according to current policies and procedures when resolving customer
situations. Recognize potential exceptions and seek assistance when
necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
3. Analyze and resolve customer issues of a basic to complex nature by utilizing problem solving skills and information from multiple computer databases.
4. Meet or exceed increasingly challenging quality and productivity standards to support our department and company goals and initiatives.
5. Demonstrate ability to quickly change one’s approach to a situation and adjust to constraints or multiple demands. Ability to incorporate product, service and procedure changes communicated through a variety of mediums into everyday working procedures. Possess the aptitude to learn and navigate comfortably in an ever-changing technical systems environment.
6. Initiate opportunities to introduce Associated Bank products and services to existing and potential customers. Recognize and act upon cross-selling opportunities. Make referrals when needed to support corporate sales initiatives and meet the customer’s needs. Direct conversation toward a sale by suggesting alternatives and recommending product changes. Overcome objections, strive to close the sale every time and show confidence after a refusal/rejection.
7. Perform and transact appropriate maintenance and monetary transactions including negotiation of fee reversals. Maintain fiscal responsibility when exercising judgment within prescribed guidelines. Collect information, evaluate criteria and inform customer of decision in refunding service fees when appropriate.
8. Protect the bank and customer from exposure to loss, fraud and/or identity theft by complying with all department and company confidentiality guidelines with a heightened awareness of risks related to “Know Your Customer”, CIP, privacy, data compromise, fraud and identity theft.
9. Keep current on frequent policy, product and procedural changes including customer mailings and promotions. Ability to manage time and materials effectively. Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks while effectively servicing customers in a timely manner.
High school diploma
Technical diploma or Associate’s degree
1-2 years customer service, banking, food service, insurance, telemarketing/sales experience
2-3 years customer service, banking, food service, insurance, telemarketing/sales experience
Special Skill Requirements – Computer Skills/Licensing/Certifications/Bonding
Basic computer knowledge including Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
General Physical Conditions
• No unusual physical effort, strain, or discomfort
• Frequent coordination and/or visual attention where flow of work and character of duties is repetitive, and the operation requires alertness, with manual dexterity.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
requires every other weekend
LA CROSSE-OPERATIONS CTR
601 North 7th St
Associated Bank - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
A lot of Midwesterners are associated with Associated Banc-Corp, the holding company for Associated Bank.One of the largest banks based in...