Job Duties & Responsibilities
Are you ready to start your CAREER with one of the leading insurance companies, but you don't want to be stuck behind a desk all day?
As an Auto Damage Adjuster, you will be out in the field helping our customers that have been involved in an accident. Accidents, even relatively minor ones can be traumatic, and our adjusters are there to determine how much the repairs will cost and quickly get our customers back on the road. As an Auto Damage Adjuster, your responsibilities may take you to a customer's home, an auto body repair shop, salvage yards and other locations in all sorts of weather conditions to inspect vehicles and prepare estimates.
Through our comprehensive, classroom and field training program, you'll learn the ins and outs of automobile damage to prepare you to help our customers after an accident. Once you successfully complete training, you'll be mentored by a Sr. Auto Damage adjuster until you're ready to go out on the road by yourself. At that time, we'll equip you with the latest technology in computer estimating software and the tools you'll need to do your job. Our adjusters work independently and make decisions that affect the customers as well as the company's bottom line.
As an Auto Damage Adjuster, you will:
Position is located in the Stowe area and the Eastern side of Vermont near the New Hampshire border.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis
- Inspect and determine claim related damage
- Examine damage to vehicle and prepare repair cost estimate that is precise and fair
- Negotiate equitable settlements with repair facilities
- Explain repair estimate information to the customer
- Prepare insurance forms to indicate repair-cost estimates and recommendations
- Issue payment for repairs
- Provide the highest level of customer service
- Be the first line of defense in fraud detection
based personal computer
- High school diploma or equivalent, bachelors degree preferred
- Good driving record
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with people in stressful situations
- Strong computer, typing and grammar skills, and must be proficient on a Windows
- Ability to work independently
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules
- Energetic and confident with an outgoing personality and positive attitude
- Mechanical aptitude or prior adjusting experience preferred
Starting salary is $40,000. Depending on your performance you may be eligible for an increase of up to $43,000 within 6 to 8 months.
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
- Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO - 22 months ago
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing...