Return to Open Positions
2013-2014 Employee Benefits
Returning Applicants Apply Here
Business Development Analyst
ECRI Institute is seeking a Healthcare Business Development Analyst to assist in seeking new opportunities, respond to government and private sector RFPs, prepare presentations to potential clients, and assist in the development of new and expanded business with key public and private sector clients. This position is based out of Plymouth Meeting, PA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in coordination with the Program Director to develop and implement strategic collaborations and business development initiatives.
• Work proactively with national sales and business line managers.
• Work collaboratively across business units within ECRI Institute and with the business development team members from other business lines to identify mutually beneficial business development opportunities.
• Contribute to proposals and presentations proactively and respond to RFPs and grant opportunities from the public and private sectors.
• Contribute to multi-group bids and proposals in healthcare public and private sectors.
• Assist in coordinating the presentation and proposal process, including drafting, editing and assembling proposals, presentations, and other business development materials and tracking results.
• Provide value added editorial and development of key messages across a range of multi-disciplinary RFPs and proposals.
• Assist in responding to potential client questions and concerns in a manner consistent with Institute requirements.
• Perform market and client research and other projects using various databases.
• Assist in identifying, evaluating, and advising on sponsorship and speaking engagement opportunities for the patient safety, risk, and quality group.
Deep knowledge of the healthcare industry, preferably in patient safety, risk management and quality is essential. Bachelor's degree required; master’s degree preferred – healthcare background required. Candidates must possess strong business development experience. Outstanding project management skills: the ability to drive business development strategies through specific project teams comprised of clinicians, sales, business development, and patient safety analyst staff. Excellent writing, editorial and proofreading skills essential. Exceptional organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail and superior client service skills.
3 plus years of experience in healthcare consulting or government contracting/grant writing arena. The ideal candidate should have experience in proposal or grant writing in the healthcare arena.
Advanced Office Suite skills – particularly in PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
About ECRI Institute:
ECRI Institute is a nonprofit organization that researches the best approaches to improving patient safety and care. It has its headquarters in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. We have a diverse working environment that encourages teamwork and an open exchange of ideas. Over 350 dedicated staff blend extraordinary scope and depth of clinical, management, and technical expertise with a wide range of experienced healthcare professionals. Our competitive benefit package for full-time and benefit-eligible part-time employees includes medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage which begin on the first day of employment.
For more than 45 years, ECRI Institute has dedicated itself to bringing the discipline of applied scientific research to healthcare. Through rigorous, evidence-based patient safety research, ECRI Institute has recommended actionable solutions that have saved countless lives. ECRI Institute is designated an Evidence-Based Practice Center by the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. ECRI Institute PSO is listed as a federally certified Patient Safety Organization by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and strives to achieve the highest levels of safety and quality in healthcare by collecting and analyzing patient safety information and sharing best practices and lessons learned.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. ECRI Institute is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 610-825-6000.
ECRI Institute - 16 months ago