Supervision of facility resources and staff in compliance with NextCare policy and procedures and State and Federal regulatory compliance. Assures that the back office functions are running smoothly and that patient flow and patient satisfaction is at the optimum. This position is principally responsible for assuring compliance with:
- Laboratory Regulations (CLIA/ COLA)
- Department of Health criteria for OTC licensure (Arizona only)
- On-site pharmacy policies and procedures
- Implementation of standing orders
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Assures that the clinic meets regulatory and NextCare standards. Completes and reports the results of monitoring activities and audits.
- Inventories and orders as necessary to assure that an adequate level of supplies and equipment are present in the facility. Makes suggestions for additions and replacements of equipment.
- Co-interviews potential new employees.
- Orients new employees to the NextCare corporate culture.
- Trains new and existing back office employees.
- Directs the activities of back office staff in day to day duties and special projects.
- Completes competency checklists for back office staff for probationary and annual reviews.
- Provides feedback to clinic manager on the performance of the urgent care staff on a regular basis.
- Provides feedback to Clinical Services Coordinator on the performance of back office staff’s competency and compliance with laboratory procedures and regulatory environment.
- Assists in scheduling of staff.
- Utilizes customer service skills to addresses customer concerns and assure that other NextCare associates are responding to customers in accordance with company expectations.
- Supports the Clinic Manager in assuring compliance with those criteria identified on NextCare’s Commitment to our Mission
- Attends education programs and staff meetings as required.
- Performs patient care duties within scope of practice and NextCare policy
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Direct report to clinic manager. Also direct report to Clinical Services Coordinator regarding laboratory regulatory compliance.
Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Desired Additional Training: Medical Assistant, Practical Technician in Radiology, LPN or other clinical degree that provides training in the areas identified that this position is accountable for assuring compliance. Customer Service Training,
Required Certification/Registration: Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
Preferred Experience: Three years previous back office experience in a medical office, urgent care or emergency department. Supervision of medical staff. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Physical Demands: Prolonged standing/walking. Lifts, positions and/or pushes patients in a wheelchair.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
NextCare Urgent Care - 20 months ago