This position is for a senior technical architect/lead (SMTS) for the FiOS TV Interactive Media Guide (IMG) STB development team. The person will be involved in complete end-to-end development and architecture for all the client server components for FiOS video project. This includes software that is needed to support the FiOS TV Set Top Box (VMS) for getting their guide data and other interactive services, downloadable modules for Video On Demand (VOD), Widgets, Search and Mobile Remote. This person will work with multiple functional teams (network, marketing, OSS, support, testing), define end-to-end architecture and its implementation.
- Develop detailed design documents, rapid prototyping using C++, C#, .NET based on web and multi-tiered architecture..
- Software design and development using C++, LUA, UDP, TCP/IP, Visual C++ on Windows 32-bit systems with Object-oriented analysis.
- 7+ years’ experience in developing applications using C, C++, C#, .NET, COM, and Rational Clear Case Configuration Management tool
- Experience on video platforms, end to end set top box application development is a must.
- Good understanding and knowledge of video network elements, configuration and Troubleshooting.
- Experience in Telecom and Video server architecture and development is a must
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Verizon - 7 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...