Web developers are responsible for day-to-day site design and creation. Webmasters are responsible for the technical aspects of the Web site, including performance issues such as speed of access, and for approving site content. Develops and designs web applications and web sites. Creates and specifies architectural and technical parameters. Directs web site content creation, enhancement and maintenance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
· Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
· Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
· Create web models or prototypes that include physical, interface, logical, or data models.
· Incorporate technical considerations into web site design plans, such as budgets, equipment, performance requirements, or legal issues including accessibility and privacy.
· Research, document, rate, or select alternatives for web architecture or technologies.
· Select programming languages, design tools, or applications.
· Develop web site maps, application models, image templates, or page templates that meet project goals, user needs, or industry standards.
· Develop system interaction or sequence diagrams.
· Provide clear, detailed descriptions of web site specifications such as product features, activities, software, communication protocols, programming languages, and operating systems software and hardware.
· Document technical factors such as server load, bandwidth, database performance, and browser and device types.
· Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
· Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
· Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
· Document test plans, testing procedures, or test results.
· Install and configure hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP) servers and associated operating systems.
· Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
· Monitor security system performance logs to identify problems and notify security specialists when problems occur.
· Develop databases that support web applications and web sites.
· Perform web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any web site or product revisions.
· Perform or direct web site updates.
· Recommend and implement performance improvements.
· Design and implement web site security measures such as firewalls or message encryption.
· Establish appropriate server directory trees.
· Identify or maintain links to and from other web sites and check links to ensure proper functioning.
· Create searchable indices for web page content.
· Back up files from web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
· Write supporting code for web applications or web sites.
· Register web sites with search engines to increase web site traffic.
· Develop or implement procedures for ongoing web site revision.
· Evaluate or recommend server hardware or software.
· Develop and document style guidelines for web site content.
· Communicate with network personnel or web site hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting web sites.
· Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
· Collaborate with management or users to develop e-commerce strategies and to integrate these strategies with web sites.
· Respond to user email inquiries, or set up automated systems to send responses.
· Renew domain name registrations.
Bachelor’s Degree and 8-10 years of relevant work experience required.
NJVC, LLC - 20 months ago
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...